Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Not valid package installer #2

New Poster

Not valid package installer #2

Since I'm unable to reply to a previous thread by the same name, I've created this one to say that the exact same thing is happening to me, regardless of how I try to download the installer from this url: https://wifi.xfinity.com/#app.  Each time I've tried results in a file length of 0 bytes.

Permanent solution, please.  Thank you.

New Poster

Re: Not valid package installer #2

This is COMPLETE an utter garbage! They keep locking the thread because THERE IS NO RESOLUTION. I've tried EVRYTHING amd I still a zero size not a valid installer. Only reason I'm using xfinitywifi is because my HOME connection is dropping 50% of packets. You're company is the WORST! Must be nice to have a monopoly.

New Poster

Same problem, no matter which browser or Internet connection I use.

New Poster

Same issue. Tried downloading msi file on PC using multiple browsers and mobile, 0 bytes. Comcast, any fix?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried installing it on 2 different windows computers, with internet explorer and chrome, using my phone as a wifi hotspot and using xfinity, and I get the same error message every time.  Very frustrating.   I also was unable to reply to the other thread.  It would be nice if Comcast would fix this issue. 

New Poster

Same issue - always a zero download size.  I've tried Chrome, Edge and Safari. 

New Poster

I too have tried it from all 4 browsers as well using 3 different wifi connections ( routers ) and my cell's hotspot. You cant tell me Comcast does not know what to do here. Why will they not address this issue

Expert

wrote:

Since I'm unable to reply to a previous thread by the same name, I've created this one to say that the exact same thing is happening to me, regardless of how I try to download the installer from this url: https://wifi.xfinity.com/#app.  Each time I've tried results in a file length of 0 bytes.

Permanent solution, please.  Thank you.

Which platform are you downloading? (Four choices)

New Poster

Same thing with me. 0kb file size in chrome, edge and ie on comcast wireless, not comcast wireless - it makes no difference. 

New Poster

I am also unable to install no matter what browser or internet connection I use.  0kb file... I see comcast has been 'working on a fix' for at least 3 months now... wow

New Poster

I am also unable to install this packet on my Windows 10 laptop.

However, no issue on MBP though.

???

Expert

What does the app do for you that you don't have with your Comcast Internet service?  I only use the xfinitywifi SSID when I am away from home with my wifi devices.

Expert

wrote:

What does the app do for you that you don't have with your Comcast Internet service?  I only use the xfinitywifi SSID when I am away from home with my wifi devices.

The app is needed if one would like to take advantage of connecting to the Xfinity public WiFi hotspots using the security encryption feature.

Frequent Visitor

Still not working.  Windows 10 Pro, tried Edge and FireFox.   

2018-02-12_8-43-26.jpg

2018-02-12_8-43-26.jpg
Official Employee

Hi Everyone, 

Did you try installing the app via ethernet cord directly to the modem? You will not be able to download the app via wiFi. 

KenF

Expert

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Did you try installing the app via ethernet cord directly to the modem? You will not be able to download the app via wiFi. 

KenF

In my case, yes, with Win10

Expert

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

KenF

Curious as to why that would be Ken ?

Official Employee

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

KenF

Curious as to why that would be Ken ?

Not sure to be honest. This was relayed to me by one of the App engineers. 

Expert

Hmmm... WiFi or ethernet cable should not make any difference. Transport is transport. It's all ethernet frames. The server that serves the software can't know the difference in the transport method.

Official Employee

Hmmm... WiFi or ethernet cable should not make any difference. Transport is transport. It's all ethernet frames. The server can't that serves the software can't know the difference in the transport method.

That's the same thing I was thinking EG. One of my coworkers said they worked with a customer with similar issues and when they changed their internet connectivity method (wifi/hardlined) they were able to download it normally. So I guess if anyone is still having issue, they can change whatever method they were using to connect to test. 

KenF

Expert

Yet another *high tech* mystery Ken !!!! Smiley Wink 

New Poster

I am having the same issue hardwired or wifi.  I get a zero sized file using IE Edge or chrome. And I've even turned of all firewalls with same results.

New Poster

Truly you must be kidding.  I own an IT company.  Been doing this for going on 30 years. Really?  The solution is to connect to the Internet via a LAN connection?  That is crazy when many new laptops, including the one I am on now (Dell XPS 13) does not even come with a lan port but that has to be added through an additional connector that is not provided with the computer.  Zero byte installer files are pretty useless.  If anyone can locate a valid installer file, can they share it via Dropbox so others can have it? 

New Poster

Hi 

I have tried to ask Comcast employees to see if can be downloaded by thier devices. Twice the local comcast service store here in Bellingham WA have come back with 0 bites file. Once a nice fellow on a service truck again 0 bites file. 

They say they are escalating it. I suspect the non paying customers are messing this up and the nice people like us who pay are really paying the price. It is very annoying. I have tried the Comcast chat service, the phone service in Philliphines, Columbia, the service forums, the fellow on the Comcast truck and the local Comcast store all to no avail. 

New Poster

As 26th of February 2018,  I am also not able to download the Xfinity Windows app, with my Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. This is totally crazy. 

The download is 0 bytes all the time and I get "not valid package" error when I want to run it... 

New Poster

Same issue here trying to download the Windows 10 app. Pehaps some genius from Comcast could just post a freaking download link here in the forum? Or kill the stupid platform dropdown and just provide direct links for each platform on https://wifi.xfinity.com/#app? Comcast is unable to provide a simple working link to a valid installer file for over a year!? This is ludicrous.

New Poster

As of 2/27/18 - Also am unable to install the .msi wifi app-windows 8.1 64 bit.

And this is the only device (laptop) with HORRIBLE connectivity problems! HATE Comcast!

New Poster

As of 03/01/2018 I am still having the same issue as well. Why cant they just provide an alternative download link. Clearly they either don't care, don't know what they are doing, or aren't "escalating it" like they say. This obviously is happening with thousands of people (including ones who don't make it to the forum to read about the issue).

New Poster

I found a probable solution.

(I could be wrong so dont attack me as I am not a professional)

I finally got mine to download from the xfinity wifi official link.

It seems like the issue may have been that my connection speed was too fast.

Yes, I think that the download seems to start on the click event, but it starts downloading before recieving any data from the server, so It completes at 0kb.

I recommend downloading Netlimiter and throttling your internet speed to see if that works. 

Especially because it worked for me on a really slow connection.

On the other hand, I will try and remember to host it so that you guys can have an alternative DL link.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I've created a shared link for the file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AEJs6QEL1aI3Evz6ThEQJuIQwr3bYj2s

hope this helps. If so, upvote me.

Tags (1)