Community Forum

Not seeing my new improved speed.

New Poster

Not seeing my new improved speed.

I have a Motorola Corporation SB6183, and recently received a message stating that my speed was increased. The email stated that a reboot was required. After several full 1 minute power cycles, and a factory reset (disconnect the coax, use web interface), I’m still not seeing the increased speed. I'm assuming my moden needs to be reprovisioned. Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Not seeing my new improved speed.

I was having issues with speed, as well. My old modem was replaced with one that was not fully reprovisioned, so I had issues with my voice service. When contacted, Comcast fully reprovisioned the modem and the voice service was fixed. The tech also replaced the amplifier outside, which he said was the main reason my speeds had been so low. Maybe your amplifier needs replacing, as well...? Mine are running 100-125. My plan is for 105.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Not seeing my new improved speed.

Bealski wrote:

I have a Motorola Corporation SB6183, and recently received a message stating that my speed was increased. The email stated that a reboot was required. After several full 1 minute power cycles, and a factory reset (disconnect the coax, use web interface), I’m still not seeing the increased speed. I'm assuming my moden needs to be reprovisioned. Any ideas?

Try calling1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.