Community Forum

Not receiving correct download speed after plan change

Regular Visitor

Not receiving correct download speed after plan change

Recently switched from an old Xfinity plan with 250 Mbps to a new plan with 400 Mbps.

However still only receveing 250-260 Mbps maximum according to speed tests.

Using a purchased Arris SVG2482AC in bridge mode connected to a Asus RT-AC68U router.

- Verified correct speed is activated in my account with Comcast office and Comcast web chat.

- Verified correct boot file is loaded at Comcast office and Comcast web chat.

- Modem has been rebooted and reconfigured multiple times.

- Comcast web chat says everything is fine... so I gave up with that method.

- Verified no speed restrictions set on my router, everything is set to automatic.

- Just to amuse myself I temporarily set the download speed from automatic to 400Mbps in my router and it did not make a difference.

24 channels are bonded on the downstream and 3 are bonded on the upstream. Attached image of only the first 5 upstream and and the 3 downstream.

0 correctable/uncorrectable errors listed for all channels.

Any suggestions?

2019-03-13 151312.png

Expert

Re: Not receiving correct download speed after plan change

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Not receiving correct download speed after plan change