Community Forum

Not getting internet speed

Regular Visitor

Not getting internet speed

Hello ,

Xfinity sent me an email telling me that my speed was increased to 300mbs , but speed tests say I am only getting 55mbs . I have a Arris TG1682G gateway .  What could be the problem ? Xfinity has not told me I need a newer gateway . If no help here I will have to call Xfinity . Please help me avoid that....lol

Expert

Re: Not getting internet speed

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

i have gotten close to 600 Mbs with the tg1682g on wifi, so its capable of your speed plan

Regular Visitor

The tests are on an ethernet connection , my desktop computer , I have not checked the WIFI speed .

Expert

Have you tried power-cycling the gateway device ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Just tried that , no change , 53.5mbs on Xfinities speed test .

Expert

It may not actually be available on your local system yet. We've seen many posts here indicating that some of the notification e-mails are being sent prematurely.

Regular Visitor

Ok , I will just wait and keep checking it for a while . Thank you for your time and help .

Expert

Quite welcome !! 🙂