Community Forum

Not getting full speed with 200Mbps Blast Pro Tier

New Poster

Not getting full speed with 200Mbps Blast Pro Tier

I'm getting only a max of 30 mbps speed.  I have the blast pro 200mbps.  Background, I just upgraded from the 25 mbps to the 200 this morning.  but speed has NOT increased.  

My connection is wired Cat-5 cable to the modem.

speed test.png
Expert

Re: Not getting full speed with 200Mbps Blast Pro Tier

Have you powercycled the modem / gateway device ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Do you mean, reset the modem?  Yes, I've unplugged it for about 3 minutes before plugging the power chord back in.

Expert

If it is a gateway device with a built-in backup battery, did you remove it when you powercycled ?

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

OK, it seems to work now.  I hit the "Reset" button this time and that did the trick.  Thank you.

Expert

That was my next suggestion. Good to hear !

Expert
Moved: