Community Forum

Not getting full 1g speeds on all devices

New Poster

Not getting full 1g speeds on all devices

Hi 

Ihave a question i just got the new 1g speeds today. and im not getting full speeds on my PC at most it hits 525/35 but i pay for is 1g now i know and want to be clear i know i'll get at most 940-80 i under stand that part, so what i did so far is conected my laptop directly to the modem it worked i got 940 down when i connect my gaming pc i only get 525 down. now ive refresh my ipconfig etc uninstalled the  adaptor went to my mothers website got the new drives and have unplugged everthing on my network other then my gaming pc what would cuse my my pc not to get the top speeds and the motherboard can handle the 1g connection and the modem is a cm1000 netgear 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not getting full 1g speeds on all devices

@abe65jet wrote:

Hi 

Ihave a question i just got the new 1g speeds today. and im not getting full speeds on my PC at most it hits 525/35 but i pay for is 1g now i know and want to be clear i know i'll get at most 940-80 i under stand that part, so what i did so far is conected my laptop directly to the modem it worked i got 940 down when i connect my gaming pc i only get 525 down. now ive refresh my ipconfig etc uninstalled the  adaptor went to my mothers website got the new drives and have unplugged everthing on my network other then my gaming pc what would cuse my my pc not to get the top speeds and the motherboard can handle the 1g connection and the modem is a cm1000 netgear 

See if this has any answers:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Not getting full 1g speeds on all devices

Hello @abe65jet, thanks for reaching out to our Forums about your speed concerns! I hope the link to the troubleshooting information @RobertWy provided was helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if you continue to experience issues on your end, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!