Community Forum

Not able to manually choose the channels in Xfinity gateway

Frequent Visitor

Not able to manually choose the channels in Xfinity gateway

I am not able to manually choose the channels on my advanced settings. I was able to manually choose it. Now the option of 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz are missing in the advanced settings option. I tried installing XPOD and then removed it completely and removed it from everywhere. Looks like some where it is thinking that I have XPOD and not allowing me to do that. I need urgent help with this. It goes to automatic channel selection and causing the Internet speed to slow down significantly. I need manual settings back. I see that this has been a problem for many in Xfinity forum and comcast engineering team has been able to resolve it. Can someone please help me ASAP.  Paying for Gigabit internet and getting hardly 250MB because of this automatic setting. Can some one help?

When I go into Admin tool, it says this message, which is the crux of my problem.... 

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not able to manually choose the channels in Xfinity gateway

Can somebody from Comcast, please help me. I see Rachel (who is a Comcast employee) has solved this same issue for others. I have 2 seperate names for 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ channels and two different passwords. Still not able to manage it manually. It says my settings are automatically managed. Have spend already 2 hours with Comcast support from yesterday. 

Silver Problem Solver

@dhanya21 wrote:

I am not able to manually choose the channels on my advanced settings. I was able to manually choose it. Now the option of 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz are missing in the advanced settings option. I tried installing XPOD and then removed it completely and removed it from everywhere. Looks like some where it is thinking that I have XPOD and not allowing me to do that. I need urgent help with this. It goes to automatic channel selection and causing the Internet speed to slow down significantly. I need manual settings back. I see that this has been a problem for many in Xfinity forum and comcast engineering team has been able to resolve it. Can someone please help me ASAP.  Paying for Gigabit internet and getting hardly 250MB because of this automatic setting. Can some one help?

When I go into Admin tool, it says this message, which is the crux of my problem.... 

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage.

FYI:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to manually choose settings. It is not allowing me to. When I log into Admin tool, it says 

I want to manaully choose the settings of channel. 

Silver Problem Solver

@dhanya21 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to manually choose settings. It is not allowing me to. When I log into Admin tool, it says 

I want to manaully choose the settings of channel. 

Do you have the xFi app?  I believe it has something like that.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Already tried the app and the admin tool (10.0.0.1). It does not gives me the option. It says it is managed automatically and I cannot change it. 

Frequent Visitor

Completely fed up with Xfinity. Spend 3 hours with technical support who do not know what to do and 2 hours today. No information from Comcast Xfinity. Can someone from Comcast Xfinity please help me. This is ridiculous. 

Frequent Visitor

Can someone in xfinity forum help me on this. Any comcast employee who has solved this same kind of issue for others, can you help me.
Expert

With recent firmware update, that ability has been taken away due to defaulting with Mesh Mode being enabled. If it could be disabled on your device it would soon become enabled again.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

How do i disable that? Do you know how to do that?