Community Forum

Not able to log in my 1682 Aries Modem from begining setup name and passwork

Frequent Visitor

Not able to log in my 1682 Aries Modem from begining setup name and passwork

I have after 27 years in Comcast before Adelfia, and as veteran disable in a life support system, living in the hospital due to the actual Narcist local support and bad also poor outside as in Philippine assisting. I am taking Comcast to court for hacking all my equipment and not have any solution or intent to solve my problem. So here my I am trying to return back home, but I can not able to log in to my Aries system, from the beginning to change the modem Login name also the password at the standard address 192.168.100.1. My modem has been hack by Comcast and that is one of the issues be present in court, I have to try using my regular PC, also my IP, tablet, lap, still not able to make to work. Please advise

Expert

Re: Not able to log in my 1682 Aries Modem from begining setup name and passwork

That's not just a standard cable modem, it's a combo (modem / router) gateway device, therefore the the access address is http://10.0.0.1 and the default username is admin and the default password is password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Not able to log in my 1682 Aries Modem from begining setup name and passwork

Not going to attempt to interfere or comment on any potential legal action, but questions:

What model modem do you have and is it rented from Comcast or your own?  If Comcast then 10.0.0.1 should get you to the login page.  Default log in is user name

"admin" and password "password" (without quotation marks).  Upon your login it will usually prompt you to change the password to something else besides, "password".  Then log in with admin and your new password.   If that does not work then you'd have to factory default the modem to allow admin and password to work again, which would also put your wifi back to default which means it would need to be reset to custom name and password upon connecting again.  To factory default a comcast gateway, push and hold the setup button for at least 30 seconds with it plugged in.  If your modem loses internet as part of this process, it might also be necessary to reactive the modem.  You can do so at xfinity.com/activate.  The reactivation process will prompt you to customize your wifi.  Barring that, you could also connect to the dafault wifi on the side or bottom of the gateway and then try to load a webpage, which should bring up the "change wifi" page eventually (you may have to try to load webpages for a few minutes to get it to work).  Best of luck.......

Expert

@spinne1 wrote:

What model modem do you have and is it rented from Comcast or your own? 

FWIW, they stated an Arris 1682.

If Comcast then 10.0.0.1 should get you to the login page.  Default log in is user name

"admin" and password "password" (without quotation marks). 

I thought that I already suggested that...........

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am so sorry and question if you was able to understand my problem, the answer you have provided me is just for the internal network and wi, operation. The answer and the response I am looking is the modem setup operation since after this step is taking you will be able to log with the logging name been set up

Previous. Again I want to change the Logging name has been set up from manufacturing, "ADMIN" also Password 1234, providing the entering and change the WI network name and password. Normal modem setup log in is 192.168.100.1., and I believe the only way to do that and to the best of my knowledge is to bring the unit back to the original manufacturing set up but again I can NOT have access in any of the browsers I use, not with  IE, Google, Opera, or Firefox, in any of my units connect to my network. Again, please advise

Expert

Not certain but AFAIK, the default login username cannot be changed. It's always admin

Only the default password can be changed.

Frequent Visitor

You are right, but since I have the problem as Comcast have hacker my system also do not have synchronized my service, I can not able to log into Comcast home page to do that. I have to use out state like NJ or another provider as Atlanta I believe that is the name to hit the system from another side. I am a disabled vet and live in life support set up by the hospital to able to leave at my house and for 3 years, I have not able to do that. Any time every year change to a new home page, they do not have the ability to synchronize all the system correctly and all units connect in my system do not work. Sample at my email One (1) became and = to 20, so last time I have to uninstall my mail program but still home base not been syncronized continue doing the same effect.

Valued Contributor

There is a reset button on the back of the modem, which if depressed for fifteen seconds will restore the modem to factory default conditions including user ID and password.  good luck

Expert

Not sure that I fully understand what it is that you are trying to say but considering your present situation, you may want to contact tech support (1-800-comcast) to help you out with your many issues. Good luck !!