Community Forum

Not Getting Gigabit Speeds

Regular Visitor

Not Getting Gigabit Speeds

I have gigabit service and only get 350-400 max connected directly to the modem. I have had tech support out to the house and all the signals are good and everything tests fine with their XMT. 

They were supposed to have the next tier of support can't me.  Nothing.

I'm guessing the service isn't actually able to do gigabit (or even close to it) of real world internet traffic.  

I have had Suddenlink gigabit in the past and I consitently got 900-950. 

Anyone?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not Getting Gigabit Speeds

@naamanf wrote:

I have gigabit service and only get 350-400 max connected directly to the modem. I have had tech support out to the house and all the signals are good and everything tests fine with their XMT. 

They were supposed to have the next tier of support can't me.  Nothing.

I'm guessing the service isn't actually able to do gigabit (or even close to it) of real world internet traffic.  

I have had Suddenlink gigabit in the past and I consitently got 900-950. 

Anyone?

I'm getting over 900 with my ethernet connection.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes I have looked at that. Connected over ethernet. Again, it's still slow even when connected directly to the modem. 

Silver Problem Solver

@naamanf wrote:

Yes I have looked at that. Connected over ethernet. Again, it's still slow even when connected directly to the modem. 

What is the make and model of your gateway/router?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Netgear CM1000

Silver Problem Solver

@naamanf wrote:

Netgear CM1000

.I believe there is more than one of those; do you have the CM1000-info?

Regular Visitor

CM1000-1AZNAS 

Highlighted
Expert

If you have the option of testing with another computer, give that a try. After that, consider renting a modem from Comcast on a temporary basis. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@naamanf wrote:

Netgear CM1000

.I believe there is more than one of those; do you have the CM1000-info?

Yes. there was also the CM1000-1AZNAS (which was the version sold by Amazon that was quoted by the OP. It had an issue getting provisioned on the Comcast system but they have since been resolved with a firmware update.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!