Community Forum

No upload speeds with Blast

Contributor

No upload speeds with Blast

Hello, I am continuing to contact you with the same issue I have been contacting you, Comcast, for the last 2 years!

I am paying for Blast internet which according to your contractual agreement should provide me with a minimum of 10 MBPS upload speeds.  I specifically ordered this service as I am on the Autism Spectrum and unlike "normal" people I don't have the luxury of being able to have a "normal" job.   I depend on my internet service because I work from home selling hand crafted, hand sewn and and hand knit items on Etsy, eBay and Poshmark.  Unfortunately because my upload speeds continue to average 2.6 MBPS I am never able to upload my product photos and videos and I am running out of options.    It is a week and a half before rent is due and I don't have rent because my internet isn't reliable enough for me to be able to upload photos and videos.  Reliable internet is NOT a luxury for me, it is a necessity.

When I contacted the 800 number 3 days ago the CS rep offered to send out a technician even thought it's already been established on your last visit that the issue is not the modem or the wiring in my apartment.   I am so fed up that for the first time in two years I didn't bother responding to the service call.  The issue is not inside my apartment.

While I am grateful that I was issued a $200 credit (5 months ago), it just doesn't cut it.  My monthly living expenses are $1100.00 and I don't have my rent because I am unable to upload simple images of skirts, pants, suits....  I'm am flat BROKE because of this.  I am going to be homeless because I am missing paycheck after paycheck after paycheck because of this.

I have read your Xfinity Internet Broadband Disclosures as well as your Acceptable Use Policy and know my rights as a customer.  My use of the blast service does not fall under any commercial business clause yet the last representaive I spoke with not only threatened to cut my service altogether but informed me that Comcast can and will have me prosecuted for using your service to sell my items on Ebay, Etsy and Poshmark.   She said I have violated many laws because I must pay for a commercial business line at $1500.00/month or be reported to the authorities for illegal use of internet.  SINCE WHEN is buying and selling on Ebay illegal??  Does this mean that you are going to throw all of your customers in jail who buy and sell on ebay?

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!

52289d79-ea27-4fba-bcda-fe155db3b377.png
Contributor

Re: No upload speeds with Blast

I have extensive documentation dating back to January 4, 2018 which shows Comcast corporate offices acknowledging that there have been ongoing issues dating back to 2017 with outside lines. 

Comcast has been given ample time yet failed to remedy these issues.

52289d79-ea27-4fba-bcda-fe155db3b377.jpg
Contributor

The inconsistencies and lack of care in this matter needs to be addressed.

Untitled.jpg
Contributor

Techs have come out to visit and confirmed the problem but did not refer it to the maintenance team.

Untitled2.jpg
Contributor

Can't stream to youtube.

Untitled.jpg
Expert

@Kayenet wrote:

She said I have violated many laws because I must pay for a commercial business line at $1500.00/month or be reported to the authorities for illegal use of internet.  SINCE WHEN is buying and selling on Ebay illegal??  Does this mean that you are going to throw all of your customers in jail who buy and sell on ebay?

That's completely ridiculous. Whoever told you such a thing was way off base a needs some further training. You ARE NOT violating any laws and what you are doing is perfectly admissible under Comcast's residential user policy. I work from home too and I just use my residential service. 

With that said, perhaps you should consider Business Class internet if your livelihood depends upon it. They provide same day tech response if your service isn't working properly. https://business.comcast.com/   It's not even close to $1500/month. I've seen deals that are more like $50/month. They don't care if you are a registered/licensed business or not. 

If you would like help from the community...

Start here: Troubleshooting Guide 

If you haven't already, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a corporate employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you.  I look forward to an employee response.  In the meantime I will be on the phone with Comcast Corporate offices in Pennsylvania. 

Contributor

Also, I wouldn't know if anyone from Comcast has attempted to contact me because I'm being denied access to my e-mail.  I am able to access all parts of my comcast account but when I attempt to log into my e-mail box I am getting an error code 408.

Untitled2.jpg
Contributor

I did receive a phone call but I was not near my phone.  I returned the call early this afternoon but have heard nothing since.

Untitled3a.jpg
Official Employee

Hello Kayenet, thank you for creating a post. I can assist you with getting this issue resolved, to get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Kayenet wrote: I did receive a phone call but I was not near my phone.  I returned the call early this afternoon but have heard nothing since.

Hi, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.