Community Forum

No IPv6 only IPv4

Regular Visitor

No IPv6 only IPv4

I own an Arris SB8200 Modem have a 1000 mbps internet plan and I am only recieving an IPv4 IP address. I have called comcast technical support twice and they both advised my modem is provisioned correctly and show that I should have an IPv6 address; however when I test it online it clearly shows no IPv6 address. I contacted arris who advised me there there is not a setting on my modem to enable this and comcast should be provinding me with native IPv6. I got a suggestion from the comcast agent to try and type the question in this forum for answers? 

Expert

Re: No IPv6 only IPv4

Is there a router in the mix or are you testing with a direct connection to the 8200 modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello there is a router in the mix. I have an arris Max Pro W133 wifi 6 router attached?

Expert

O/k so the next step is do you get IPv6 connectivity with a direct connection to the 8200 cable modem ? You'll need to power cycle the modem. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I just tried it and it connected to IPv6!!!! Thanks! How do I get it to work over my router network?

Expert

Check the settings in the router. It may be disabled or something is set incorrectly. Check your user manual.