A Comcast technician recently set my internet connection up. He provided the WAN MAC address first during provisioning, and then the HFC MAC address.
Comcast support is not able to figure out the issue. I can only load ipv6 pages. There is no address for ipv4.
Can you please help me out?
FWIW, the WAN MAC address is the wrong one and is what causes this problem. You need to confirm with them that the RF / HFC / CM MAC address of the modem / device is being used to provision your modem.
I have confirmed that they have the HFC MAC Address on file.
They are still not able to provide an IPv4 address to my device. An Arris SBG6950AC2.
I'm going to try escalating your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.
khr_night, let's check out your provisioning. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.
same problem, anyone find a fix?
Try contacting ComcastJohnN https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/1125291 via a private forum message. Good luck !
ComcastJohnN had the magic touch! It's all working now.
Long story short, to make sure the IPv4 is active, the proper MAC id was needed. The wrong MAC was used during the initial setup, but even through other customer service levels couldn't correct it because the old MAC was "stuck" in the system, someone of JohnN's level could manually remove the old & enter the new (correct) MAC & reprovision, then everything works fine.
Good to hear ! ComcastJohnN. The silent hero!!!
Has there been a published fix to this issue? Over the last 24 hours, I started receiving this issue on my MB8600. It worked fine until about 24 hours ago, I'm getting an IPv6 address assigned from Comcast, but no IPv4. I've been able to pass traffic to Google/FB but no v4 only hosts. Unfortunately, support wasn't much help and seemed to think I had an activation issue just transferring me to the IVR line multiple times then suggesting I call Motorola. I did get it reprovisioned by Comcast, but it did not solve the issue.
Try posting to Comcast JohnN for help in this thread;
So I am having the same issue with a Moto MB8600. It was all good on inital provisioning but after a brief power outage the modem reprovisioned and is only offering an ipv6 ip. I have call support a couple of times but they won't take this up to the tier level required to address the issue. Hopefully, someone from Comcast will see this post and help out with the reprovisioning required to get me back to a usable configuation for my downstream network configuration.