Community Forum

No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

New Poster

No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

I am having the same issue which a number of other Comcast users have referenced in this (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/No-IPv4-only-IPv6-google-youtube-facebook-apple-work...) thread, where Comcast is only sending me an IPv6 signal. This is with a new Comcast connection which was just set up today.

After spending over an hour on the phone with both level 1 and level 2 tier support with no resolution, I am hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!

Bert

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: No IPv4, only IPv6 (Arris SBG6950AC2)

@Bert9 wrote:

I am having the same issue which a number of other Comcast users have referenced in this (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/No-IPv4-only-IPv6-google-youtube-facebook-apple-work...) thread, where Comcast is only sending me an IPv6 signal. This is with a new Comcast connection which was just set up today.

After spending over an hour on the phone with both level 1 and level 2 tier support with no resolution, I am hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!

Bert

@ComcastJohnN @ComcastChe

Bert,

Send me a private message with your HFC MAC and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

John

New Poster

Issue has been resolved. Big thanks to ComcastJohnN for a lightening fast resolution to this problem.

It would be helpful if the phone-in customer service could at least acknowledge this is an issue. Based on my own experience and the experience I've read of others on here, they seem to always fault the router, despite the numerous posts to the contrary.

Official Employee

To be fair to customer service, this really isn't a problem they  would understand or be able to fix. The root cause is a back-end system that gets "stuck" if the wrong  MAC address is used during activation, whether  by typo  or just using the wrong one, which is easy to do since the modem has multiple MAC addresses.  There are people working on automated solutions for this, but there are some complexities to the problem. Hopefully,  in the future, this will be cleared up without customers having to deal with it directly.