Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

No IPv4 Site Access

New Poster

No IPv4 Site Access

The past 4 days I've been working with phone technicians and in-home techs and no one has been able to determine the problem. Last night at 1am I ran a trace route through command prompt on a number of websites and determined that I am unable to connect to IPv4 websites.

-Example sites that work are Xfinity, Netflix, Facebook, and CNN
-Example sites that do not work are ABC, CBS, and AmericanExpress.com

I've tried explaining this to level 1 and level 2 phone techs, but keep getting told there's nothing anyone can do to help me. Prior to switching to Comcast my modem worked fine and I confirmed that it was compatible before switching (Netgear AC 1600). I've read a number of threads on here that indicate this is a common occurrence. Is there anyone who can help me? I don't know if any of the previous techs who have fixed this in the past still work for Comcast.
Expert

Re: No IPv4 Site Access

I've asked a Comcast to take a look at your account. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
Official Employee

Re: No IPv4 Site Access

Hello shgage1, it sounds like your modem may need to be re-provisioned. I can look further into this for you on my end and get this taken care of for you, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".