Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

No IPv4 Connection - Only IPv6

New Poster

No IPv4 Connection - Only IPv6

I just got Xfinity a few days and after having a technician come out to the house to set up everything I do not have full internet connection.  The technician said it would take a few minutes but everything was fine.  I still have no IPv4 connection. Support has re-provisioned the modem numerous times but still say that it is a manufacturer defect.  I have an Arris SBG7580-AC and they say that it is an Xfinity issue. I have read a few posts on here about this very same issue and one in particular said that there could be a corrupted file on the backend of Xfinitiy that is not allowing IPv4 to be assigned.  They referenced ComcastJohnN as someone who has help a lot of these people who have this same issue.  Please somebody help, I am getting no where.

On a side note, Arris specifically states that you have to provision the modem using the HFC MAC, however the first time the modem was provisioned, the CSR put in the WAN MAC and told me that they were the same. However when they did that I had zero internet access.  It was not until I had them re-provision it using the HFC MAC that I actually got access however, I am only receiving IPv6, not IPv4 like i stated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Authorized Vendor

Re: No IPv4 Connection - Only IPv6

Yep that would do it..  The WAN MAC and CM-MAC (HFC-MAC) are not the same..  If you already pinged ComcastJohnN then cool but I will send you a PM anyways..

What is going on is the provisioning system is seeing your CPE as a DOCSIS device and it is only getting an IPv6 address.. The DOCSIS side of the plant is single mode for provisioning meaning only a v4 address or v6..  A normal CSR can't fix this at this point and you will need a higher level tech..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
New Poster

I solved this problem by disconnecting my security system from my xfinity router and reconnecting it.  I believe it was being seen as an unknown DHCP which was causing the problem.

New Poster

Need help fixing ipv4 problem, please.
Tags (1)
0520181513.jpg
New Poster

Hi ArrisTuska,

I'm having the same issue with my 6700, wrong MAC entered the first time now corrected but only certain sites work.  Comcast tech resolved this by forcing me to rent one of their units telling me my modem was bad. Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tags (1)