Community Forum

No High Speed as promised comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

No High Speed as promised comcast

can someone please confirm? an xfinity tech came to my house and told me that my comp did not handle High speeed internet - It is lenovo desktop connected ethernet  to the modem - Xfinity keeps advertsing High Speed Internet but they can not get more than 300 mbps at my house - I starting to believe what ATT says about comcast can not delivery high speed - I watched movies on my fire stick and it is so slow and buffered 4 times almost 2 o 3 minutes. Do not know what to believe anymore - I tried to contact comcast but honestly those techs are horrible - they told me I needed ficr optics to get High speed - the tech came and only told me that was my computer - which there is nothing wrong with my computer. HELLLPPP

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No High Speed as promised comcast

@cospeb wrote:

can someone please confirm? an xfinity tech came to my house and told me that my comp did not handle High speeed internet - It is lenovo desktop connected ethernet  to the modem - Xfinity keeps advertsing High Speed Internet but they can not get more than 300 mbps at my house - I starting to believe what ATT says about comcast can not delivery high speed - I watched movies on my fire stick and it is so slow and buffered 4 times almost 2 o 3 minutes. Do not know what to believe anymore - I tried to contact comcast but honestly those techs are horrible - they told me I needed ficr optics to get High speed - the tech came and only told me that was my computer - which there is nothing wrong with my computer. HELLLPPP

Part of the equasion is what speed your computer's network interface card (NIC) can support.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Xfinity-Internet-Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!