Community Forum

New xfinity gateway will not work plugged into a UPS

New Poster

New xfinity gateway will not work plugged into a UPS

I have always protected my electronics with a UPS which has been very successful. Recently we upgraded our gateway to a the most recent one but when I plug it into the same UPS which definitely works the gateway never powers up.
I tried tis on two separate UPS's with the same result. If I plug the gateway into the same outlet as the UPS had been, it powers right up. I would not consider this normal.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, please let me know what you came up with to protect your equipment.
Xfinity- please chime in and let me know what can be done.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: New xfinity gateway will not work plugged into a UPS

@Johnwebb332 wrote:
I have always protected my electronics with a UPS which has been very successful. Recently we upgraded our gateway to a the most recent one but when I plug it into the same UPS which definitely works the gateway never powers up.
I tried tis on two separate UPS's with the same result. If I plug the gateway into the same outlet as the UPS had been, it powers right up. I would not consider this normal.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, please let me know what you came up with to protect your equipment.
Xfinity- please chime in and let me know what can be done.

Is the gateway an XB3 or XB6?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

It is an XB6 gateway modem.
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @Johnwebb332, thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. We'd like to investigate further to see what could be causing this. What make/model UPS are you using? There may need to be some troubleshooting completed on the backend of your account. 

Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee Digital Care

Johnwebb332, as we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get your connection situated so you can enjoy your new gateway, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!