Community Forum

New wireless gateway modem

Regular Visitor

New wireless gateway modem

I received a letter in the mail about receiving a wireless gateway modem to replace my present modem. Do it yourself. It directed me to the xfinity website to find out how, but I can't seem to find out how. Please help. Thanks

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: New wireless gateway modem

When I received mine, itt came with written instructions.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-install-your-self-install-kit-devices

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Re: New wireless gateway modem

Customers who rent equipment and are eligible for a Self Installation Kit can order their new equipment at xfinity.com/equipmentupdate.

Updating Equipment Online via Self Installation Kit

1. Click the Update Now button in the email provided or navigate to xfinity.com/equipmentupdate. You will be prompted to login using your Xfinity username and password.
    Blue Update now button in center of the page

2. Click the Get Started button.
    Get Started button center right

3. Review the details in the What You Have and What You'll Get fields to make sure the equipment listed is correct. Click the Continue button when you're ready to proceed.
    What You Have is on the left. What You'll Get is on the right.

4. Review your shipping and delivery address details. Then, click the Submit Order button to complete the process.
    Submit Order button at bottom right

5. A confirmation message will appear, and we'll send a tracking number to the preferred email address on your account so you can monitor your shipment.
    Confirmation message in center of screen

6. If you are not eligible for a Self Installation Kit, you can Schedule a Callback for a representative to assist you with the installation process.
    Schedule a Callback screen

7. Once you schedule the callback, you will receive a confirmation message.
    Confirmation message in center of screen

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.