Community Forum

New increase in internet speeds per your email

New Poster

New increase in internet speeds per your email

When will i see an increase in my speed that your email stated today ? I am currently seeing the old speed and it does not allow your streaming to come online in a reasonable speed.

New Poster

Re: New increase in internet speeds per your email

I received the same email. Also curious about the time frame when we can expect the speed upgrade.

Expert

@edjcas wrote:

When will i see an increase in my speed that your email stated today ? I am currently seeing the old speed and it does not allow your streaming to come online in a reasonable speed.

Have you tried power cycling your modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I got same email. I’ve rebooted the modem several times. Still seeing old speed. Xfinity app still shows my 400Mbps subscribed speed. Should be 600 now.
New Poster

Got same email, not seeing any increase yet either.  Time for a price increase too I bet

Silver Problem Solver

In the West the upgrades should have already taken place I believe.

In the Central Division the Email is just advanced notice of the upgrade, unfortunately the Email doesn't give a date of vhen to expect it.

On the dsl reports site I've seen 24th Sept or sometime in October mentioned. Perhaps someone from Comcast could enlighten us?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

i am in sw florida and I contacted xfinity about when I would receive the new speeds and was told it would be September 24th for this area.
Regular Contributor

@Laurie   --  I am also in SW Florida and I can't get past the frustrating phone tree to ask a simple question  I also tried the on-line chat which didn't work -- it's a robot that doesn't understand.  You were told September 24th.  Were you told any specific time to reboot your modem or do we just give it a go when we feel like it?

New Poster

During the last speed upgrade, there was an email notification advising to powercycle your modem to get the speed jump. I'll just give it a go after work.

New Poster

tried doing the power cycle a few times, and it didn't change anything.. still at about 409 down and 20 up.. not 600/20

Regular Contributor

I'm in Okeechobee, FL. Laughed at the email because it said our 150 would go to 200. We don't get 150 on Blast. When I checked on this at our local office ( a place I get excellent service), she said our area only gets 100 DL.
Maybe we'll get the 150 now. Will we even notice a difference? What we have works for us. It's just that we have been getting emails for years about what our service is, but, in fact, isn't.
Yes, I know. UP TO 150.
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the Atlanta area.  Try downloading the Ookley Speedtest app to your phone or computer and run it with your browser shut down.  I'm on the 150/10 tier of service and I regularly get 179 Mbps down and 12 up with my ethernet connected desktop.

Regular Contributor

@Logoner, yep. I use Ookla. I regularly get 95 dl (10ul) which is why I asked locally. Using ethernet. When we first got Blast, it was supposed to be 50 dl, but with our modem we seemed to get 75. When speed officially went to 75, ours stayed the same.
15692814138542299301133857513717.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Could it be that you have an old 10/100 network adapter??

Contributor

It's a distaster for them trying to get people the speeds since msot people have no idea what cable they are using or if their NIC supports the provisioned speeds.

Regular Contributor

I appreciate everyone's help. These are all good points. After having checked my hardware (Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gig Ethernet Controller and drivers, Archer C7 ac1750 Dual Band Gigabit router, and my Arris DOCS3.0 SB 6183 modem and its signals--all well within the recommendations), I went to my local Comcast office to find out if I needed their connections checked--even though my signals were good. That's when the agent told me that our local area only gets 100Mbps dl speeds. If you've had dealings with Comcast phone support, then you know they can and do give incorrect information. AFAIK, my local people tell me the way it is when they know. 

Regular Contributor

@ritchea -- The September 24th date (today) for those in Florida has apprently kicked-in here in Cape Coral.  I just power cycled my gateway and I got the speed increase.  Extreme went from

250/20 to 300/20.  My main computer is on ethernet and download is actually hovering around

400 and upload is 25-26.

The infrastructure in Okeechobee is apparently behind-the times.  Maybe you can contact Comcast corporate and see if any improvement might be in the offing?

Silver Problem Solver

Yep the upgrades kicked in today in Central, you may need to reboot the modem, I did.

New Poster

I can confirm that the speed upgrade is Live in Fort Myers, FL. Was rated for 60Mb/s but typically got around 70. I'm now rated at 100 and I'm getting about 120Mb/s via speedtest.net.

Regular Contributor

Our version of Blast was 100 Mbps. After a complete power cycle (unplugged modem from power source for one minute+ a few seconds, unplugged router, turned off computer; after modem came back up, plugged in router then turned pc back on), this is my result (no one was "using" the internet in the house) https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/8487a5bf-b582-42ac-9e6c-9c08928f0e1c

Frequent Visitor

Can confirm the speed increase has taken place in the Atlanta area.  The 150/10 tier is now showing 238/14 via ethernet using Ookla Speedtest.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Metro Atlanta, on the 60/5 tier. I got the 100/5 email a few days ago, still don't see the new speed. The Xfinity My Account app still shows 60.

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myPlan

It shows 60 here too

Silver Problem Solver

@jhtrico1850 wrote:

I'm in Metro Atlanta, on the 60/5 tier. I got the 100/5 email a few days ago, still don't see the new speed. The Xfinity My Account app still shows 60.

https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myPlan

It shows 60 here too

Did you reboot the modem?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-your-cable-modem

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes I’ve rebooted. Wish they would tell us exactly when we will get it.

I don’t want to keep rebooting for the sake of it. But I will try again once I see it reflected in the app that my plan is now 100 mbps
Silver Problem Solver

Can report it is live in the Chicago area. I went from 60/5 (tested 72/6) to 100/5 (tests 120/6).

Regular Contributor

Got another email last night that my internet speed has been increased from 150 Mbps to 200Mbps. Nope. Complete recycling of equipment and the speedtest is the same as posted ealier. Of course, local verified that our area only gets 100Mbps on Blast, but when I went to the office to check on Center Ice, the agent said she didn't know if we would get any increase or not. She was wondering about that for her own internet and was hoping the techs (the only ones who had the "numbers") would clue her in. 

Expert

Just an FYI for this thread - while Comcast is implementing an across the board speed upgrade, remember that:

1. Not all modems will be able to accommodate increased speeds - an 8x4 (8 download channels x 4 upload channels) modem will bottleneck speeds over 170 Mbps, and a 4x4 modem will bottleneck over 120 Mbps. If you're not sure, go to https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ to see compatible hardware for your new speed tier. 
  2. Not all local service areas will have the necessary hardware to handle increased speeds. Please consult your local XFINITY service area if you nave any questions. 

Thank you. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@darkangelic wrote:

Just an FYI for this thread - while Comcast is implementing an across the board speed upgrade, remember that:

1. Not all local service areas will have the necessary hardware to handle increased speeds. Please consult your local XFINITY service area if you nave any questions. 

Thank you. 

This is the info that needs to go to Comcast email system. It can be pretty frustrating when one receives an email stating:

We’ve increased your Internet download speed

The download speed included with your current Xfinity Internet
plan has been increased from 150/10 Mbps to 200/10 Mbps.

We know how important your network is to you, and we
want to thank you for choosing us to be your trusted
Internet provider.

Note, this is not future tense but present perfect (have increased)--although there's nothing perfect about sending emails to all accounts when they do not apply to all accounts. The same thing happened when the cloud dvr became available. We kept getting emails and snail mail saying we had it; we even saw the announcements written on our bills. I called to inquire and was told we had it. Finally, I got to someone who said that it wasn't in our area but would be by xx/xx/xxxx. (any time between 1-18 months when calling after each given timeframe had passed). Three years later, we got cloud dvr which I thoroughly enjoy. Even though I have gigabit everything from PCI net card to modem to router, our current Blast! of 100/10 Mbps (NOT 150/10 as also stated in the email and confirmed by local as "what we get") is plenty fast enough for us. I'm not complaining about NOT getting the speed; I'm complaining about receiving incorrect information. At least Comcast is the only one of around 25 accounts I manage that does this. On the rare occasion I receive questionable info from one of those companies, a correction with apology follow within 24 hrs. 
Whew! I definitely feel better now. Thank you. 
Frequent Visitor

I got the same thing, not in the future tense, but as if it already happened. Still says 60 instead of 100 on My Xfinity app and website.

We’ve increased your Internet download speed

The download speed included with your current Xfinity Internet
plan has been increased
Frequent Visitor

What is your cable modem and router?

Frequent Visitor

Never got the email. Read about it on local MLive news. Checked speed and it is 604Mbps (LAN) and 540 MBps (wifi)

Regular Visitor

I have a txt msg that they increased download speed but did not tell me what to what speed.

I have already have a gigabit speed. so what I expect to get more speed?

I have no speed different after power cycle my modem and router.

Frequent Visitor

I have the Netgear CM1000 with my Performance plan. Still on 60/5, waiting for 100/5.

I checked out Offers https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers

and Blast+ Basic is 100 Mbps for my existing account and Performance is 60.

If I log out and view as a new customer, performance shows as 100 Mbps and Blast! is 200 Mbps.

New Poster

it's obvious now that Xfinity is full of it.. especially with the lack of ANY reps coming in here to claify anything. so lame

Official Employee

Hi there. We want to clear up the confusion here. For those of you with notifications regarding an increase of speed, please first power cycle your modem and then run a speed test, hardwired directly from your modem to a computer. Here is a link for that: https://comca.st/2MGXzRv. If you're still experiencing a slower speed than you expect, please comment here. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Hi there. We want to clear up the confusion here. For those of you with notifications regarding an increase of speed, please first power cycle your modem and then run a speed test, hardwired directly from your modem to a computer. Here is a link for that: https://comca.st/2MGXzRv. If you're still experiencing a slower speed than you expect, please comment here.

Thanks for the reminder to report back. My increase did arrive within the past week. I do test straight from the pc. Once I saw the speed, I reconnected to the modem. The speed went back down. No, it wasn't the modem, it was the one, outdated, Cat5 cable I was using. Replacement yielded about 250 Mbps. 

Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Hi @Comcast_Support , I'm still not getting the new speeds after power cycling. Also, if I go to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers and pretend I'm a new customer, it says Performance is 100. But if I say I'm an existing customer, it redirects me to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/existing/offers

and Performance is just 60. I got an email on October 1 that said "The download speed included with your current Xfinity Internet plan has been increased from 60/5 Mbps to 100/5 Mbps."

Performance60.png

Frequent Visitor

Trying to paste this again https://imgur.com/a/iRHUwC1

Performance60.png

Frequent Visitor

Finally got the new speeds. It seems to be tied to my billing cycle? My autopay hit on the 26th and I noticed https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/myPlan now says "Download speeds up to 100 Mbps"