Community Forum

New development install

New Poster

New development install

during initial installation, Comcast guy opened the drop that's located in my front yard and noticed only two inputs that were already in use. (There are three conduits. For my house and the two across the street, but only two inputs at the drop.)

The techs solution was to split off of one of the neighbors lines and then call Comcast Network Services to have someone swap the box out from a two input to a three. It's been weeks and nothing.

My concern is, am I causing any degradation my neighbor's signal by splitting off of his, or is this kind of common place to do when you have three paying customers and only two inputs at one drop?
Expert

Re: New development install

Possibly. And vice-versa. Additional line loss is always involved when splitting coax cable.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello eflem77. I can assist with checking your signal levels for degradation and loss. Our technicians are trained in how to split a line and maintain a tolerable signal loss without causing consequential issues. This is what sounds like has been done with your install. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

We can't advise any further here on these boards until we see your power levels. Are you actually having any connectivity / speed problems ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi eflem77. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.