Community Forum

New Xfi Gateway/router installed - now wifi drops constantly and wired random lag spikes

Regular Visitor

New Xfi Gateway/router installed - now wifi drops constantly and wired random lag spikes

I had the older Arris modem without issues.  Had some security camera issues and tech came out and said i should have teh new gateway/router installed to make use of the 1 Gbps speeds.  Since tehn, my wifi on several devices randomly disconnect and require manual disconnect/reconnet on teh device.  Also, my wired connection now suffers lag spikes and disconnects with some applications.  Nothing else has changed in my setup, same netgear ethernet switch for wired devices and just using the comcast  Xfi router for wireless.

Anyone else have this issue?  Do I need to have the router replaced?  Getting irritated with the fact that my system seems to be slower and suffers lag and throughput loss on data.  I was supposedly an upgrade.

Official Employee

Re: New Xfi Gateway/router installed - now wifi drops constantly and wired random lag spikes

Hi rbarr110, I would like to help review your internet service and signals through my side. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: New Xfi Gateway/router installed - now wifi drops constantly and wired random lag spikes

Hi rbarr110,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi rbarr110, thank you for working with me through private message.  Please reach back out if you need assistance in the future and we will gladly assist.

Thank you for your time!