Community Forum

New Modem purchased from Walmart is registered to another account

New Poster

New Modem purchased from Walmart is registered to another account

I just bought a new modem from Walmart in stores today and contacted customer service to activate it using the MAC address and serial number. However, they said that the MAC address was already registered to another account and that they cannot activate me device even though I just bought it new today and possess it. Is there another way that I can activate my modem?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New Modem purchased from Walmart is registered to another account

@tofutoaster wrote:

I just bought a new modem from Walmart in stores today and contacted customer service to activate it using the MAC address and serial number. However, they said that the MAC address was already registered to another account and that they cannot activate me device even though I just bought it new today and possess it. Is there another way that I can activate my modem?

In that case, I would take it back and get the refund.  Try BestBuy or Amazon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@tofutoaster

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, tofutoaster - 

Welcome to the forum. I can help with the modem issue to see how it's activated on someone else's account. Please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!