Community Forum

New Modem only using 1 channel Up/Down (30/4 speeds)

New Poster

New Modem only using 1 channel Up/Down (30/4 speeds)

I installed a new modem and it looks like it is only using one downstream channel and one upstream channel since I am getting 30/4 speeds. My status page is attached.image.png I came across a post from a few months ago that says:

If you are only seeing one channel up/down and are getting speeds of 30/4 - it means your modem has a default bootfile. @ComcastChe should be able to address this for you Smiley Happy

I am wondering if you can also do the same for me.

Thank you!

Expert

Re: New Modem only using 1 channel Up/Down (30/4 speeds)

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Expert

O/k it doesn't appear to be a signal problem. 

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Awesome, thank you for your help so far!

Expert

Quite welcome ! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Greetings, amr952! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with your internet service. That's really frustrating and I want to make sure we can get you up to full speed. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, amr952. I have not heard back from you and hope you were able to get the issue resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.