Community Forum

New Modem not Connecting

New Poster

New Modem not Connecting

My roommate recently moved out, and took the original router (c6300) with him. He has started a new Xfinity account, and has changed the account holder of the original to myself. I have purchased a NetGear c7000, which is on the list of approved modems, but when I go to activate it, it keeps giving me an error code and the automated system is not helping. How do I remove his old router and put my new one into the XFinity account?
Expert

Re: New Modem not Connecting

Have you tried calling 1-800-comcast ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello TanzaniteFox, and thank you for creating a post on our forum. To activate your modem you can click on this link, but if you're still having issues feel free to reach back out to me here and we can chat via private message to get the equipment up and running. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Hmmm.... Wonder if that is going to work given their particular situation ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello TanzaniteFox, we haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.