Community Forum

New Internet Gateway Modem/Router XB6 hums

New Poster

New Internet Gateway Modem/Router XB6 hums

Just installed the XB6  that arrived in the mail from Comcast a couple of days ago. Took the old one to the store halfway across town and through traffic to return it. Now back home, I realize this thing hums without end. Do I need to have it swapped? Do I have to take it clear back across town to do so at my own fuel expense? This is kind of ridiculous.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New Internet Gateway Modem/Router XB6 hums

It’s up to you, you can either swap it out or have a tech out to do it.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:
It’s up to you, you can either swap it out or have a tech out to do it.

So I either have to drive all the way back out there using my own fuel (and taking time off from work) or ask a technician to come do it?

Diamond Problem Solver

You could also have one sent to you and return the present one to UPS.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@zoeysma77  FWIW, just be aware that it does have a built-in cooling fan. We've seen many posts here indicating that some run louder than do others. YMMV.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!