Community Forum

Netmask 0.0.0.0 no internet and no phone service

Chrissy-Castro
Regular Visitor

Netmask 0.0.0.0 no internet and no phone service

Please I need help my kids can't do their school work and nobody can access the internet. Please below I have posted what maybe someone else who knows about network settings can help me fix. All I know is the netmask shouldn't be 0.0.0.0 and all my years with comcast never had IPS starting with 1 but have no clue how to fix the issue. I can access the admin tools but the connection is not secure and settings do not take hold. I read that the admin tools do not work with xfi gateways and so then I am clueless how to go about fixing my internet. No representative can help and everyone in my home have literally been relegated to the hotspot for months. I am paying 350 a month for service that is unusable. As for my xfinity home phone. I have not had access hoping on a year. Please please I am a writer and I am clueless about this and believe this was done intentionally by someone who once lived with me. Thank you

Device IP: <Edited>
External IP: Error
Ext. Hostname (L): Error
Ext. Hostname (R): Error
__Interface Info_______

dummy0
MAC: <Edited>
IP: <Edited>

r_rmnet_data0
MAC: Not available

wlan0

rmnet_data0

rmnet_data2

__Device Info_______

Phone Type: GSM
Phone No.: <Edited>
Operator: CC Network
MCC+MNC: 310260
Net. Type: LTE
Cell: <Edited>
Neighbours: Not available
IMSI: Not available
IMEI: Not available
Android ID: AAD27E91B096A774

__Wifi Info_______

SSID: "Castro"
Hidden: No
BSSID: AC:DB:48:82:63:39

AP Capabilities: Not available
Frequency: Not available
Link Speed: 433 Mbps
RSSI: -32 dBm
IP: 10.0.0.87
Netmask: 0.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1
DNS1: 75.75.75.75
DNS2: 75.75.76.76
DHCP Server: 10.0.0.1
DHCP Lease: 604800 s

__Bluetooth Info_______

State: Off

__Net Location_______

Provider: network
Accuracy: 2000.0m
Address: Not available
Fix Time: 2021-01-30 22:22:16-0500

__IPv6 Info_______

Method: ip -o -f inet6 addr

dummy0
Prefix: /64
Scope: link
^ No IPv6 gateway found on device
Info: 'ip -o -f inet6 route show' returned null.
rmnet_data0
rmnet_data2
Scope: global
rmnet_data2
r_rmnet_data0
wlan0
wlan0
wlan0

flatlander3
Regular Contributor

Re: Netmask 0.0.0.0 no internet and no phone service

External IP: Error

Yep.  Your gateway isn't connecting.  Stupid question, but is the coax even plugged in?

Does your xFi gateway show up if you go to the Xfinity --> My Account site --> Internet site ?  Does the serial number on the device they have provisioned for your account, match the xFi gear you have?  Serial number should be on a lable on it.

New device to you, or were you always using this piece of equipment (xFi gateway) when the internet service last worked?

Chrissy-Castro
Regular Visitor

OK yes the coax cable is in and all my cords are good. This router is new because I have switched out routers numerous times trying to fix the issue. Yes I have tried using the admin toils both through the xfinity website and through 10.0.0.1 both come up on screen but they are not secure pages and even if I change the settings it does nothing to release the previous settings. I might add that it says we are all connected but we can only go to certain websites. I might add I believe my sons father is doing this because when my sons Ethernet connected computer was plugged in up until this summer the issue was only with the Ipv4 connection an Ethernet connection. When I removed that computer then the Ipv6 changed and my WiFi was not working. Maybe I'm not addressing these issues properly or wording them correctly because I'm not a computer person per say. I am very limited in my knowledge.
Chrissy-Castro
Regular Visitor

Look I have the fastest internet plan and my speeds when I am connected transmit speed 96 Mbps receiver link speed 43 Mbps that was 600 before all this started. I know ir sounds crazy but I believe someone did this and I am banned from certain websites strategically. The xfinity adnin tools for one microsoft, Amazon, and other websites that would foster or aid me in figuring out my issue. Also any and all websites connected with our devices manufactures. I have read quite a bit trying to figure this out because it only affects the local area connection. Could a remote desktop be accessing the local connection to access files or run a server? I want to say that when I got into the admin tools it has settings that are just permanently there, I have no option to change them. I remember when those options were not like that and I could manipulate them but that is not the case anymore. Also I don't know if this matters but during the summer my xfinity home phone number every xfinity customer knows their voicemail recording it was playing on my ex's cell phone and his voicemail was playing for my home phone. His name was on my voicemail and I know he was somehow manipulating the voice to go settings. Eventually I lost access to voicemail all together and after going to the police and showing them and being told nothing we can do, we need more. The technicians coming out and fixing nothing I gave up. I am just at a loss for what is happening to my phone and my network. I know this was done by him and he is the only one who had access to my equipment and devices.
flatlander3
Regular Contributor

OK.  EG (expert) is going to be way better at this, and the thread was actually moved so someone....(multiple EG's??) might be looking at it.

I don't use Xfinity owned gear myself....well...for a lot of reasons, but if the line is good, and assuming there is signal on it, what isn't working is Xfinity recognizing the device.

When you got the new one, did you try to provision it? (activate the new device with Xfinity, remove the old gateway).  This is their self-help install video: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/self-install-xfinity-internet   I'd run through it, see if that works first. 

I will say when swapping out hardware with comcast proper and Spectrum (another banner), I did actually have to call them, and have THEM remove the previous device before the new one would activate using the website.

If someone really did mess up the settings on it and got it into a weird state, you can factory default it too.  On the 3rd Gen XFI, there's a WPS button.  They say if you hold it for 15 seconds (or a while longer) it will default reset -- follow the video again.  2nd gen had a little pinhole pushbutton that did the same thing.

If it worked before, but now the same hardware does not, factory default might be the thing to do first.  Xfinity already has it provisioned.  Factory default will just have it join up again, download firmware if there's an update and you'll be good to go.  You will have to reset the wifi password and network name again after resetting to default of course.

EG?  Better advice?

EG
Expert

Nope, you're good ! I got nothing. 🙂

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Chrissy-Castro
Regular Visitor

Well I guess I can never have my service fixed. This is just an unreal situation.
ComcastPeterH
Official Employee

@Chrissy-Castro Have no fear we are here! Having issues with no internet connection and having to use Hotspots while paying for services would be upsetting and frustrating. This is never what we want to see you going through. Being a father of three kids along with the wife and I also working from home we all rely on our connection daily! We are in this together. 

Please send us a private message so we can be able to investigate your account deeper and get this finally resolved for you. Click on this link and we will respond ASAP!

https://comca.st/2Of3stk

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!