Community Forum

Netgear wifi extender

New Poster

Netgear wifi extender

I added a netgear wifi extender to my Florida room since the WIFI signal out there is weak.  I cannot figure out how to have the TV's connect to the device. 

Expert

Re: Netgear wifi extender

Are you using the new network's broadcast name (SSID) ? I understand that the Netgear extenders add some letters / characters ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, The netgear added “EXT” to the end of my normal network name and I cannot figure out how to add it in my xfinity so that the TVs will recognize another network. Make sense?
Expert

You don't want to "add it" to your Comcast gateway SSID. You want the TV's to now associate with the Netgear extender. Check the manual(s).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

so I need to go through the tv and not the xfinity box to select the network?
New Poster

I think I tried that but didn’t see an option for it.
Expert

@atennant0001 wrote:
so I need to go through the tv and not the xfinity box to select the network?

Yes. Check the manuals for both the TV's and the extender for instructions.