Community Forum

Netgear N600 (WNDR3400v3) router not working with ARRIS SB6141 modem

New Poster

Netgear N600 (WNDR3400v3) router not working with ARRIS SB6141 modem

Hi Guys,

Am using Modem (Arris surfboard SB6141) + router (Netgear N600 - WNDR3400v3 ) for internet, which was working perfectly till two days back, but suddenly stopped working. Then I started diagnosing myself, found below things.

1. When I connected my computer directly to modem with wire, am getting internet.

2. But when I try to access internet through router its not working.

3. I tried switching off all devices for half an hour, then switch on modem first, wait for few minutes, then connect router to modem and switch on, but router not working.

4. I also did router reset, but its not working.

5. Logged into router management portal (routerlogin.net) and updated Mac address to use my computer address, but still it didnt work.

6. Then I called up netgear techsupport, then support guy told me this is fixable after asking questions about status on netgear router portal (routerlogin.net), but asked me to pay $45 for tech support, which was equivalent to new router cost.

If can someone help me in sorting out the issue, that would be great.

Expert

Re: Netgear N600 (WNDR3400v3) router not working with ARRIS SB6141 modem

I'd reset the router to factory settings, then make sure it had the latest firmware. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Expert

@swoonna wrote:

4. I also did router reset, but its not working.

nerdburg mentioned a factory reset, is that what you did here? 

If so, you might have to manually download and install the newest firmware to fix the issue - instructions here

Then again, that router is a bit long in the tooth - you might want to consider replacing it, especially if you can't update the firmware, if only for security reasons. 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

Forgot to mention, router already has latest version firmware before it stopped working. 

To try once again, I downloaded and installed latest firmware once again, and did manual router reset, but no luck.

One question I have is, netgear has lifetime warranty, so how can we claim a replacement ? 

And the other day when I had conversation with tech-support, agent says that if she is not able to fix the issue, she can file a replacement. Did anyone try this option or got a replacement ? If so please suggest me a good way from your experience please update here..

Expert

I believe Netgear is only a 1-year warranty. You can contact them to file it. If you recently bought it off of Amazon or some other seller you might be able to file for a replacement through them.