Community Forum

Netgear CM500V Discontinued???

New Poster

Netgear CM500V Discontinued???

I'm trying to purchase a cable modem with voice capability to replace my Comcast rental.  I've read reviews and looks like the Netgear CM500V is a good option.  Unfortunately, I cannot find this modem anywhere (out of stock).  Is this modem discontinued?  If so, what suggested replacement should I look for?

Expert
Moved:

Re: Netgear CM500V Discontinued???

Expert

I'm not sure if it is discontinued or not. If you still want the Netgear brand, then this is the only current alternative I can find is the Netgear C7100v. The regular eMTAs I can find aren't as good channel bonding wise. Right now, the only highly good for channel bonding are gateways with voice. Another one is the Arris SVG2482-AC.

NETGEAR C7100V              NETGEAR C7100V (for some reason, this is similar but listed as cheaper)

OR

ARRIS SVG2482-AC

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I brought this modem on 1/25/18 from BestBuy/online. 

New Poster

anyone know where to buy this? out of stock everywhere online???

Expert

It's most likely just out of stock because of extremely high demand - it's a rare breed of eMTA modem that can support Comcast's 250 Mbps download speed and is not saddled with the awful Intel Puma6 chipset. 

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

For anyone still looking on this or receieving updates on this thread, it looks like the CM500v is back in stock at Amazon.

Netgear CM500V - Amazon

Also seeing it on Best Buy

Netgear CM500V - Best Buy

And Walmart looks like its back in the market.

Netgear CM500V - Walmart

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.