Community Forum

Netgear CM1150V Installation

Frequent Visitor

Netgear CM1150V Installation

I am trying to activate a new cable modem. Chose the Netgear CM1150V which is on the Comcast list of approved modems. Went throught the self-activation steps and wasn't successful. Called Comcast support who also wasn't successful. The support rep indicated I needed someone on-site to sort out what was wrong. I asked to have my old modem re-activated so we didn't lose internet and voice... which was done... I think I confused the rep by asking to reactivate the old modem because she thanked me for being a Comcast customer and hung up, forgetting to schedule the tech visit... 

Do I need to go through the whole process again to scedule help?

Expert

Re: Netgear CM1150V Installation

Stay put, I'll have a Comcast employee assist you with this. 

Please check back as a response will be forthcoming. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I’ll stay tuned!

Official Employee

Hi there, bdpiper. Thank you for reaching out here for support. I'm sorry to hear about that sequence of events and that we weren't able to get everything handled during the one interaction. I can help you with a second attempt of re-activating the new modem, I can schedule the technician visit for you, or both. It's up to you. If you can please send me a private message with your name, we can get started. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMorgan Hi, check your private messages... Thanks

Official Employee

Thank you, bdpiper. I have since replied to your PM. You're welcome to get back to me there whenever you can. Thank you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I ended up not hearing back from you beyond your initial private message to me, bdpiper. I went ahead and completed the interaction. Please know that if you end up needing further support with it, you're welcome to reply to my most recent PM to you and we can pick up where we left off. Thank you for your time, I hope to talk more with you soon.