Community Forum

Netgear C7100V Modem Appears to be Offline on MyXfinity app and at Comcast

Regular Visitor

Netgear C7100V Modem Appears to be Offline on MyXfinity app and at Comcast

After having multiple issues with the modem maintaining a connection, a tech visiting my home noticed that the MAC address had been entered instead of the serial number.  Would this cause Comcast not being able to "see" my modem online or me to see the connectivity on the MyXfinity app?

Expert

Re: Netgear C7100V Modem Appears to be Offline on MyXfinity app and at Comcast

The serial number is not supposed to be entered. The CM-MAC Address is supposed to be entered. Have you tried online activation on that gateway since? If so, how do your signals look like? For your C7100v you can see them at either http://192.168.100.1 or http://192.168.0.1

Default username/password combo is admin/password

Then click Cable Connection

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

If it is already active, can I reactivate it?  Signal strengths attached.Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.43.12 AM.png

Expert

You can. Just go to https://register.xfinity.com

I noticed your Upstream powers are too high which could be the real culprit of your connection problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Here are some tips that you can try to help bring that upstream power down some. 45dB is ideal;

In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test

If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.

FWIW, the upstream / return power is still borderline / too high for multiple bonded channels. This typically indicates a return path impairment of some sort (typically excess line attenuation and / or noise ingress somewhere).