Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Netflix-wheel of death keeps spinning

Regular Contributor

Netflix-wheel of death keeps spinning

When I try to play something via Netflix, the red circle spins and spins but the show won’t load. I reset all devices but it still happens. After several tries I can get it to work but this seems like an internet issue correct? Has anyone else been having similar issues? I’ve also been having issues with some DVR recordings- pixelation etc. It’s non-stop problems with Comcast. A supervisor claims everything looks great on his end so wants to send someone out AGAIN. 

Expert

Re: Netflix-wheel of death keeps spinning

@sperling3920 wrote:

When I try to play something via Netflix, the red circle spins and spins but the show won’t load. I reset all devices but it still happens. After several tries I can get it to work but this seems like an internet issue correct? Has anyone else been having similar issues? I’ve also been having issues with some DVR recordings- pixelation etc. It’s non-stop problems with Comcast. A supervisor claims everything looks great on his end so wants to send someone out AGAIN. 

press the "A" button on the Xfinity remote and run the 'Reset Netflix' menu option.

New Poster

Thanks for your answer, but the remote with the A is for the television.  I access Netflix on my computer, which has Comcast/Xfinity Internet.  I can get to Netflix, but I can not play anything I select.  Is this because of the Net neutrality decision changes? 

I did do  system refresh.

New Poster

I am having the same problem!  I cannot get my Amazon Fire stick to work either.  Do you get NetFlix on your computer?

Expert

@SuzanneV12879 wrote:

Thanks for your answer, but the remote with the A is for the television.  I access Netflix on my computer, which has Comcast/Xfinity Internet.  I can get to Netflix, but I can not play anything I select.  Is this because of the Net neutrality decision changes? 

I did do  system refresh.

i see. I have moved this thread to my home networking where you can be assisted. net neutrality has nothing to do with comcast access

Expert

@sperling3920 wrote:

When I try to play something via Netflix, the red circle spins and spins but the show won’t load. I reset all devices but it still happens. After several tries I can get it to work but this seems like an internet issue correct? . 

Is this with a WiFi connection ? 

Regular Contributor

Yes. Currently none of the apps work. I get an error stating I need internet connection. Several pple are having the same issue. It’s always something. 

Expert

WiFi ???