Community Forum

Neither Roku or Firestick will connect to internet

New Poster

Neither Roku or Firestick will connect to internet

My Ruku was working fine until a couples weeks back. Now wont connect to internet. Bought a firestick, and it says cannot contact Amazon.com. Whats up? Internet works fine on laptops and computers? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Neither Roku or Firestick will connect to internet

• Provide as much detail as possible. Providing details about exactly what you are experiencing, what you have done yourself to troubleshoot, your device information, and any error codes/messages you are receiving goes a long way to get the quickest response possible. Typically, our users provide some great responses but without all the information, they are stuck asking you those type of questions that can slow down the support process.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Getting-Started-in-the-Xfinity-Help-amp-Support-Forum/...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Neither Roku or Firestick will connect to internet

My roku worked fine for 3 months. Then started dropping internet connection randomly. Now when i turn it on, it searches for connections, i set it up, it goes to search for update, then it goes to the page asking for access code to verify, but never gives you a code. just times out. Sometimes has error code 003

My Fire Stick goes through setting up wifi connection, then says connected WiFi, signal strength very good, Channel 1 Quality good, then X not connected to internet. When it tries to connect to Amazon, It says Home is currently unavailable to connect to Amazon.com and directs me to Network settings.

If i use my cell phone as a HotSpot and use my data from it, Both will connect right away no problem.

All other devices I use on my xfinity wifi work just fine. Just not my streaming devices?