Community Forum

Need update firmware on Netgear C3700v2 to V2.02.17

Regular Visitor

Need update firmware on Netgear C3700v2 to V2.02.17

Hi Comcast, 

I need your help to update my own modem Netgear C3700 to the latest firmware. 

CSR agent on phone and chat don't have the knowledge on this. 

Thank you. 

Expert

Re: Need update firmware on Netgear C3700v2 to V2.02.17

The most recent firmware is automatically pushed to the device by your cable provider, although you may have to reboot your device to complete the install. 

Is there any particular reason why you need this manually done?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your relpy darkIgelic. 

My internet intermittet since week 2 I got comcast, technician has ben sent and did what he could do but issue remain. 

Then I found out the firmware is outdated and a few others with same modem couldn't update and needed Tier 3 tech support to manual push the signal for update. 

Many CSR on chat and phone has trying to help me by sending a ' Refresh signal ', but didn't work so far. 

@darkangelic wrote:

The most recent firmware is automatically pushed to the device by your cable provider, although you may have to reboot your device to complete the install. 

Is there any particular reason why you need this manually done?

Official Employee

Hello, lingchen83.

I would be more than happy to help you with this issue. Can you please Private message me with your full name so I can take a closer look?

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!