Community Forum

Need higher ups to assist with xfinity internet

Frequent Visitor

Need higher ups to assist with xfinity internet

Hello.  I have xfinity gigabit cable.  I am having problems with the connection dropping and resetting.  About once an hour or two my connection will cycle.  I have tried 2 different xfinity modems and now I am on one that I purchased.  Everytime I call xfinity they do whatever they do over the phone which never works.  Then they'll send someome out who says everything is fine.  I'm sure others have had this same issue.  I have tried all new cables.  The modem is connected to the first plug in the apartment from the outside.  Wifi drops too when the disconnect happens.

It is very annoying and embarracing having to tether my home computer to my cell phone during these outages I'm having.  I could go on and on about the company, but I just want it fixed.

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Need higher ups to assist with xfinity internet

@Davis422 wrote:

Hello.  I have xfinity gigabit cable.  I am having problems with the connection dropping and resetting.  About once an hour or two my connection will cycle.  I have tried 2 different xfinity modems and now I am on one that I purchased.  Everytime I call xfinity they do whatever they do over the phone which never works.  Then they'll send someome out who says everything is fine.  I'm sure others have had this same issue.  I have tried all new cables.  The modem is connected to the first plug in the apartment from the outside.  Wifi drops too when the disconnect happens.

It is very annoying and embarracing having to tether my home computer to my cell phone during these outages I'm having.  I could go on and on about the company, but I just want it fixed.

Thanks.

Is this any help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ?  Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, Davis422! Welcome to the Xfinity Forum! Could you please answer questions from our expert EG? It would give us a better understanding of your issue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!