Model Name
TG1682G
Vendor
ARRIS Group, Inc.
Revision
Firmware
TG1682_3.5p5s1_PROD_sey

Thats my xfinity gateway^^

So basically I tried to go on early and connect the ethernet port to the modem and then the WAN on my new router and i enabled bridging mode in 10.0.0.1 and I went into the netgear app and it said the cables were good but that there was no internet connected so after an hour of trying to put it in the ethernet cord then the wan and all that I gave up and had to have xfinity support unbridge it for me

any solutions?
Expert

Re: Need help with "Bridging" my all in one modem

You have to power cycle the 1682 after placing it in to bridge mode. Let it fully come back up, then power cycle the router.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Adding to EG, only port 1 is active after bridging

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
Adding to EG, only port 1 is active after bridging

so if it fails again how do i take it out of bridging mode because It destroyed my regular connections from my modem and I couldn't connect to anything so I had to talk to comcast

Diamond Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!