Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

Contributor

Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

I upgraded to Xfinity Gig Speeds today. All but one of my computers are downloading between 750Mbps to 950Mbps which is fine. Upload is at 40Mbps. But, I have this one Windows 10 machine that won't download above 120 - 130Mbps. I have updated drivers, switched cables, ran TCP Optimizer, Removed from device manager then reinstalled. I have thrown everything I know at it but no change. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really feel it is somehow a TCP setting problem. Before today I was on the 200Mbps plan and I was getting speeds of 240Mbps on this machine. I have the XB6 Gateway in bridge mode. I know it's not my router because the other machines are working. I know it's not a Comcast issue.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Expert

Re: Need help on Win 10 Machine with new Gig Speed Service

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Contributor

No no, sorry didn't mention this earlier.  This is hardwired.  And I have tried going directly from the Gateway to the PC with the same issue.  I found an old PCI GB Card and swapped that in and the speeds went right up to 400.  I have to wait for the non peak hour to get a true reading.  But a question to other with the Gig Service, does your speed fluctuate so wildly.  You do a test on a server 1 min and your speeds are great then go back 5 mins later and they are cut in half?

Expert

FWIW, that would have been among my next questions.