Community Forum

NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router

Contributor

NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router

A friend said they are ahipping this as a Christmas present (with receipt for trade-in if needed) to us...

(1) Will it work with Comcast?

(2) Is there a better unit? (better = speed, security)

Thanks in advance for any insight you may offer. 

Expert

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router

@Joe-Nally wrote:

A friend said they are ahipping this as a Christmas present (with receipt for trade-in if needed) to us...

1.  Yes
  2. That router is #13 in SmallNetBuilder 's list of best routers. You could probably do better, but you're not getting a bad one either. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@darkangelic wrote:

@Joe-Nally wrote:

1.  Yes
  2. That router is #13 in SmallNetBuilder 's list of best routers. You could probably do better, but you're not getting a bad one either. 

Thanks for the answer and the link. Checking it out now. 

Expert

What modem do you currently have? Note that the router by itself will not work unless you have a modem also. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@darkangelic wrote:

What modem do you currently have? Note that the router by itself will not work unless you have a modem also. 

Hi,

Were thinking if getting a Netgear Gigibit  Cable Modem (32x8) DOCSIS 3.1.

I'm using a Comcast router. I see the number one router on the list you sent, so we’re trading in for that - R7800 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router.