Community Forum

N600 Slow - How to Achieve 150Mbps Wifi Connection

Frequent Visitor

N600 Slow - How to Achieve 150Mbps Wifi Connection

Hey guys,

I am paying for 150Mbps download. I'm using a Netgear CM1000 modem and a Netgear N600 router. I'm getting only 20Mbps when connected via wifi, but a wired ethernet connection yields over 90Mbps d/l. The N600 is capable to d/l speeds up to 300Mbps. My router is past the 90 technical support window. Is it possible to increase the wifi connection speed on my N600? If so, how so? If not, what kind of equipment do I need to buy in order to achieve 150Mbps d/l speed with a wifi connection? I want to buy my own equipment rather than using comcast's router. Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: N600 Slow - How to Achieve 150Mbps Wifi Connection

I'd recommend you save yourself some aggravation and just replace that router --it's a stinker. It's only fast ethernet too, so it is never going to deliver speeds over ~90 Mbps. You want a gigabit AC router. Look at something like the TP-Link Archer series. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!