Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

My internet connection keeps randomlly dropping?

Frequent Visitor

My internet connection keeps randomlly dropping?

Hello Comcast, for the past 2 weeks now I have been having this daily issue where I can be connected to my network just fine with good speeds but then randomly my internet stops working (nothing will load), and I get a yellow triangle on my signal thing at the bottom right (sorry i'm kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff) but anyways it says I have No Internet Access and then whne I disconnect and reconnect to my network it starts working again. This happens at least 2-10 times an hour and is very annoying because if I'm doing something like playing a online game this causes me to randomlly disconnect from the game.

What really startles me is that I have the same issue even when I am on wired connection. I have DMZ mode on my wired as well which is what I use to play xbox live so my ports are all open yet I still have had the same issue happening where I'm in a a game and randmolly disconnect. My internet never seems to have actually reset or anything my network is always there it just seems like for whatever reason it decides to randomlly stop working..... I have no idea what is causing this but I'm probally gonna end up canceling my service if this cant be fixed comcast customer support is a nightmare sometimes I feel as a customer I know more then the people on the other end of the phone do... 

New Poster

Re: My internet connection keeps randomlly dropping?

The same thing is happening here too. We just upgraded to the X1 platform and have had nothing but problems since.

New Poster

Same here and it's really starting to make me want to cancel my service! I thought that maybe it was all the devices hooked up to it causing it to drop. However, I tested that theory and only had mylaptop hooked up and same thing. Every couple of minutes it drops, then disconnect and reconnect. We pay way too much to have crappy service. I tried resetting the modem and that didn't do anything. I think it's rather convenient that this is happening to several people within the same time frame!!

New Poster

So the same thing happend to me for the longest time. I purchased a time capsule and the problem stopped. The catch is that I exceed my data every month by ridiculous amounts. It is frustrating, time capsule allows my internet to work as it should, but with a very high price. 

I used 700 gb of data last month... my overages charge was $140 alone. 

Regular Visitor

Had continuing conectivity problems for days .And I try to phone thru to support and nothing ".Our operators are busy" .Well perhaps if you fixed the issue we'd stop calling. Getting really tired of this .Costs plenty of money for service or lack of it I don't see any credit to account with all these issues the company has.

Frequent Visitor

I just installed the Internet service on 9/3/14 after using DSL -thinking this would be much better.  WHILE using the inter on 9/6/14, I lost connectivity and couldn't figure what happened.  I looked at the Gateway and the Online light was OUT.  I unplugged power for 10 secs. That didn't work so I unplugged for 30 secs.  That didn't work either.  I called 800# and long story short was cut off/transferred 3 times and call was hung up because it could not be completed!!! WTH!  Trying to navigate COMCAST Customer Service SUCKS and they say they are committed to their customers.  Yeah Right.  I checked to make sure that my activation went thru which if it didn't then how could my desktop, a laptop and  a cellphone use the internet and wi-fi for 3 days ??

I DO HAVE a service ticket open because apparently "my gateway was not setup" or so the lady on call 2 said.  But this might take 24-48 hours to fix.  So..they will have to wait til I have time to plug it back up.  I re connected my DSL so I could have INTERNET.  And I may just stay with DSL and send this Gateway P-O-C back!

New Poster

XFINITY by COMCAST reliable connection maybe?... Probably NOT!

yeah this is crazy comcast (Xfinity) claims to have the most reliable in home wifi. well the only thing i can rely on is that i will consistently lose the connection. Oh yeah and to add insult to injury the phone goes crazy and the cable TV always goes nuts. I think they should re-focus the advertising campaign to "XFINITY by COMCAST reliable connection... maybe? probably NOT!" I have only had the services for a month and i have had an average of one loss of service per hour. If that's reliable... i would hate to see the opposite

Regular Visitor

YOU HAVE A TROJAN.  Comcast did everything possible for me to the extent of going up the pole to check the wires. When I would try to connect the message "Comcast.net is not responding due to a long-running script."  The option to stop script I kept clicking, but this happen so many times.  Yes, it has appearance that it is due to Comcast.  After speaking since September 2nd with maybe 8-10 techs, the last one said to try calling my PC manufacturer support center. Being offline I asked if she would be willing to give me the number to call.  I called Toshiba.  Amazing, wonderful, dedicated technicians helped me.  I was on the phone with them for six hours.  Yes! 6 hours so do not call from a cell where you may run out of minutes.  It wasn't until about the 4th hour that they discovered the Trojan.  Yes, I did subscribe to a yearly membership of $159, but Best Buy geeks are $200 to hand it over.  Toshiba never left me.  Of course they had control of my computer, but at first I needed to do some input on my end.  On scale of 1 to 10 I'd rank them a 20!  I was so impressed.  They were so patient when I needed to do my input.  Back to your problem.  I had just connected to the Rx 1 System on 7/30/14.  On 9/2/14 I began to have problem connecting.  By 9/4 I could not connect at all.  Hurry!!!!  This is very, very aggressive. Toshiba Support number is 1-800-457-7777.  No, I do not work for them but strongly recommend calling the number now if Toshiba is your PC manufacturer.  Many other issues were resolved too!  My PC is so fast now I can hardly keep up.  I had an issue not being able to double-click on touch pad and therefore used right-click and open.  That is resolved now but had that a long time.  At one point I was told it was going to take some time and was called back, so ask if that might be possible if all you have is a cell.  Otherwise, if you don't have the time and need to take it in let them know it is a Trojan stopping your PC from connecting to Comcast.  I do not know what I downloaded.  I'm not big on that at all.  But you need to get this off your PC now!!!!!  As an aside, the two techs recommended I only run one maleware so they uninstalled two and kept Norton on my PC.  I will call Comcast and inform them so people don't waste time before it totally corrupts PC.  Toshiba also left me with a System Restore and walked me through how to do it.  I'm relieved to know I now have a point to return to where everything is working so great. Good Luck.

New Poster

Mine did the same thing, and was on the phone with comcast for past several days and hrs and no one figured it out. They SUCK!!! GO TO BESY BUY AND GET YOUR OWN MODEM TO HOOK UP AND IT WILL GREAT, DONT PAY FOR COMCAST MODEM ITS HORRIBLE.
Expert
Moved:

Re: XFINITY by COMCAST reliable connection maybe?... Probably NOT!

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Similar situation here, just started today. My (owned) modem (DOCSIS 2.0) will lose connectivity and keep retrying and retrying til it connects again ... sometimes as long as 1/2 hour. This has happened half a dozen times TODAY and never before in many years. I called and the customer service person insisted I upgrade my modem, but would not answer my question about whether their system would no longer work with 2.0 modems. I'm livid! Unless there is a problem in my area or they changed something it should be working the same today as yesterday.  I pay almost $70/month for this, it better friggin work! And that attitude of customer service is worthless. I'm not paying an extra $10 a month to rent a modem when I've had this same one for over 6 years and and it works fine. It cost me $90 ... less than one year of modem rental.

This sucks. Fortunately it is working at the moment to post this!

Frequent Visitor

Ok I know for a fact there is no trojan and even if I did have a trojan that is not the problem BECAUSE I have the same issue playing xbox live on a wired connection so are you suggesting my xbox has a trojan as well?

Regular Visitor

Hello, I was giving my experience and to help those individuals trying to connect to the internet and repeatedly receiving the bottom-screen, boxed-in message of:  "Comcast.net is not responding due to a long-running script."  I must not have been clear. Sorry!   Since the trojan was removed, I connect every single time, no problems anywhere.  I am not computer savvy by any means. However, I found it rather odd some started having problems, like me, about 30 days of receiving the Rx1 system.  I also should have stated, for me, this included a new modem/router. I believe I've had this trojan  for who knows how long and infected however one says this, when I upgraded with new equipment, Rx1 system, etc.  I also relaying information from wonderful techs that I worked with.  I will tell you that none could tell me what the above message meant but tried as best they could to reconnect me.  The last Comcast tech, when I read the message to her, advised to call laptop manufacturer.  I was on the phone with Toshiba for three hours or so while two of them worked on this and found problem to be from a trojan.  They could not tell me how long it had been there.  My PC is running perfectly now and can only believe what Toshiba told me.   It might be worth a phone call though to your manufacturer because who knows?  We had to get through by safe mode and I was blocked from doing quite a few entries and I'd be instructed then that we'd have to try something else.  They said it was a nasty one and I don't know all it is capable of except corrupting the PC's.  The first three hours were free of charge until Toshiba found the problem...the trojan. It was not until then that any money was ever mentioned.  I just wanted the thing gone and asked if they could do it for me.  I had been running two anti-virus and one maleware that did not stop it.

Frequent Visitor

While still having our DSL service - since we only just started this xfinity internet on 9/3/14 - I hadn't cancelled the DSL yet, thank goodness.  I used the internet via dsl on my laptop with my wireless router for 3 more hours.  Then I thought I'd just check and see if the xfinity gateway would decide to work so I plugged it back up and what do you know....all the lights were on like they were supposed to be.  At this point, I'm on the fence as to whether I'm keeping the xfinity internet - I have until the end of Sept for my 30 day return.  I work from home a good bit and I can't have this kind of interruption and I'm not keeping the DSL as a backup service.  Somebody needs to get this fixed.

Why did my xfinity Gateway work for 3 days then all of a sudden STOP working, then as soon as I hooked my DSL stuff up, I was on the internet?  This tells me it's THE EQUIPMENT OR THE COMCAST SERVICE!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

jamsssss wrote: ... randomly my internet stops working ...

Please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please post the Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, or gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Regular Visitor

Hi Jamsssss, Have you tried Advanced Modem Support at 1-855-308-9452?  Direct line when I called this number.  No menu to go through. Of course, it could have been a fluke but it did work again from western Michigan.  No 24/7 service either.  The techs here are what it reads, Advanced and not only for modems.  They are for problems the regular techs have no answer for.  They could not help my situation due to it  being this devil but maybe they can help you.  IF you weren't sent there already.  I must tell you I could not notice any random dropping.  I'm only online an average of once every 5 to 6 days.  So to me my laptop went being able to connect to not being able to very fast. (Humor)  I will also take a moment of your time to inform you this virus hacked into my Facebook.   I did see Toshiba running something called RogueKiller and some Norton exe file.  I am too afraid to go to any websites now except to changing passwords and all that BS.  Haven't turned on TV yet either.  Yeah, all my pics are on here.

Your Release And Renew Your IP Address question might be answered now at Troubleshoot Xfinity Internet Connectivity as it was updated 8/27, day before Comcast launched new Constant Guard 8/28.  It's a little more than scrolling halfway down.  It does state here that a connectivity issue can be from a virus/spyware.  Also hardware being at full capacity.  There are other suggestions there too.  I happen to read IP Address there so just to let you know. 

Frequent Visitor

Here we go again.. Not even using the internet this time, I just happened to look the xfinity gateway box and noticed the offline lite was out and the us/ds was blinking -- JUST LIKE YESTERDAY.  I unplugged the power for 30 minutes but that didn't so guess what...yep I plugged MY DSL BACK UP and HERE I AM....ON THE FREAKING INTERNET. So it's not a connection problem or a virus or a splitter or a cable or a power issue becuase I'm using COMCAST supplied cables on MY DSL equipment right this very minute!!!!!

I will hook the xfinity gateway back up in about an hour and if the service goes out again...it's goodbye xfinity and I'm staying with the good ole DSL!  AND then I will look for the other cable service provider in my area.  I'm done with NON-CUSTOMER SERVICE! 

New Poster

Yes, you need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.  Comcast had suggested for some time that I needed to upgrade but I put it off for a long time  In the meantime, I had purchased a DOCSIS 3.0 modem but since it didn't include a phone connection, I couldn't use it.  I gave it to my son and one day he could no longerget online with his modem.  He called Comcast, who said they'd sent him three letters but they had never sent him an e-mail.  Fortunately, he had the DOCSIS 3 modem/router I had given him.  SO after he double-checked with me that I had given it to him to use, not repair, he hooked it up and that fixed his problem.  You can buy the DOCSIS 3.0 router/modem at Target or Wal-Mart or Radio Shack (but I'm becoming disenchanted with Radio Shack of late and RS's products are getting fairly expensive).

I hadn't any issues with dropping to limited access for quite awhile but I called Customer Service over the weekend because I wanted the less expensive package than they gave me the last time I tried to reduce our costs.  We live further away from the towers now and we're paying for service we don't even GET anymore and some of what we DO get is not as good as it was when we lived closer to the Comcast towers.  We're now some 50 miles away and HD for our one HD set (the rest are older sets) is poor and our upload/download is never more than 20mps, so we see no reason to pay the extra money for either the performance blast and 50mps download speeds, not to mention HD, which only improves the sound on our local ABC channel (which has moved to a city a day's drive away) and provides NO improvement in the picture.  

Comcast has gone so far downhill.  They're not the only game in town anymore.  We pay far too much for our "service"--on a limited income, no less--as it is.  Customer Service won't sell you what you want--they sell what THEY want you to have. 

I know, I have gone beyond answering your question but I figured, "While we're on the subject..........."

New Poster

Internet connection going in and out

I switched from ATT and I can tell you I am not pleased with the service of Comcast.  For the past several months, internet has been in and out and I have reset the modem and followed other instructions to resolve this.  I am lucky to have a wifi air card from ATT to complete my work since I am a web designer and this is affecting my work and using data for my air card.  Last time I called customer service, all they did was try to sell me on other services I am not interested in. 

I am checking into ATT service again. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Internet connection going in and out

Im so glad I clicked on this forum. My internet goes out an average  of every  20 min.I call customer serrvice at least twice a day.And they try to fix the issue differnt each time. I can deal with a tech issue once in a while but this is rediculus. To think comcast had me convinced my issue was so rare they were going to need time to correct it. Last night the tech assured me he had fixed the problem and I would never have droped internt again.At that very moment out goes my service! I really wish I could have chated with him again, I think its deplorable to be charged for a srevice that does not work.As a collage student it has made assignments a nightmare to complete.Not only am I loosing money paying a monthly bill for no service but I am going to loose money for classes I have to retake.Wish there was some way of being compesated for all money lost on poor service.

New Poster

Same here - our internet has dropped 5 or 6 times so far tonight.  Usually it comes back within a minute or two.

This happens every day, numerous times and has been happening for years.  We have a new Motorola docsis 3.0 modem, one of the ones Comcast recommends.

I am ready to call AT&T in the morning.  They have just installed fiber optic cable on our street and are going door to door asking people if they want to sign up.

New Poster

Wow ive had the same problem...i ordered new modem ..ive had 3 techs out here...special tech to work on pole were my line runs to...and my modem keeps goingo ffline still ...talked to supervisors. .im gonna call corporate and yell them how crappy there services are ..and switching to att friday ..got a fourth tech coming wenday ..i have ethernet cord mmodem. Wensday...anybody have same issue ever and has anyone gotten thereissue resolved
New Poster

I have been having this issue for 2 weeks, I did all the troubleshooting with no success.  It happened last month and then just started working again.  I had service with comcast many years ago and same issues.  I had ATT service for 5 years with only one outage due to a storm.  I decided to try comcast again for faster speeds, but what use is that if it seldom works.  

I do not have time to troubleshoot and get on the phone with support every month.  I dread calling them, it would be faster for me to just switch services to ATT and have peace of mind.  

Frequent Visitor

We have been having problems for 6 weeks now with our internet connection randomly dropping from two different MS laptop computers and one desktop computer.  The iphones and ipads have not had this problem.  Even when the laptops and desktop computers are connected the internet speed is normally very slow.  We have to reboot the router and modem 6-12 times a day.  Comcast keeps telling us the problem is on our end with the hardware and computers. We've purchased a new router and model and guess what same problems have been occuring.  However, the Apple products are not having this problem.  We've called Comcast no less than a dozen times and each time they read us the same script.....reboot modem, reboot the router, we will send you a refresh signal.  It appalling the customer support and lack of understanding that a technician with more than a telephone script is needed.  It is an insult to my intelligence to tell me to reboot everything!  Our entire subdivision has had the same issues and the amount of posts on our subdivisions FB is astonishing and even more amazing that Comcast doesn't accept or acknowledge they have a problem.  They finally agreed to send a service technician and 5 minutes before his scheduled time was up they called to say they were cancelling service call because they identified the problem in our service area and it would be fixed by that evening.  Guess what 2 weeks later and we are still having the same issues.  Comast please step up and help...another technician is scheduled for tomorrow to probably tell us our equipment is faulty!!!!  I'm fed up with all the money we are paying for crappy service and customer support.  My kids can't even do their homework at night because the internet keeps dropping!!!  Anybody, please help!

New Poster

I can't believe I've just read 25 posts of the same issue! Where is the feedback from the moderator?  I'm having the same exact problem.  The problem even started in mid August.  I work online and have lost shifts and experienced multiple outages with the modem lights remaining on, as well as with lights flashing incesantly.  I've received several "hard resets" from the Comcast customer support, which usualy last for about two days until it goes right out again.  They do not want to send a service technician and have called me twice today to try to cancel it indicating that they "fixed" it from whereever they are at, which sounds like India to me??  I insisted on a service call, so I will find out tomorrow what this guy says.  Although, I also had a service call in August, and that guy told me it was my modem.  So, I took a Comcast modem and the same problem continues to occur.  It is definitely not the modem.  What is going on?  The only thing that helps a little is to disconnect any splitting cables and run a direct cable to the modem, along with powering off and resetting the modem, but even that is just a matter of time...  I guess it's time to go back to DSL Smiley Sad

New Poster

same situation here. i currently use a motorola docsis 2.0 for the past 2 yrs at this location. it has worked consistently most of the time. but the representatives have told me that its because i have docsis 2.0 and that is the reason for the drops. is that true?
New Poster

So, the second tech came out today and changed ALL the wiring outside and he swears that was the problem.  Funny part is that he doesn't believe anyone else is having this problem.  Time will tell...  

Gold Problem Solver

raian021 wrote: ... representatives have told me that its because i have docsis 2.0 and that is the reason for the drops. is that true?

Probably not. A DOCSIS 3 modem should be somewhat more reliable than a DOCSIS 2, but if you have a connection problem replacing the modem won't fix it. What you should do is fix the connection problem and get a new modem.

Please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please post the Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts in a new topic.

If you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, or gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Frequent Visitor

Well two Comcast techs came out today.  Saw the internet connection being lost, tested a few things and then said the problem is the modem (despite it being a new Motorola DOCSIC 3.0).  They said on their side everything tested fine.  Unbelievable.  To rub salt in the wound they offered to lease me a modem for $10/month.  I pleaded and begged the techs to listen to what I am saying.  Why would I be wasting 6 weeks of my time dealing with your unpleasant and difficult to work with customer service staff if the problem was with my equipment.  Everything was fine 6 weeks ago and suddenly, not just me, but the entire subdivision is having the same issues.  Why can't Comcast accept that and take the issue seriously?  If Comcast is monitoring this board, please have the professionalism to reach out to me and fix the problem.  HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!  

Frequent Visitor

I have a DOCSIS 3.0 that I rent from Comcast. and I have been having problems since early August as well. I'm in Atlanta, so add another area to the list. My laptop is 6 weeks old with 10gig memory and an i7-4500 cpu.  So my memory is not full, my processor can handle the download speeds because I only have Blast.  My connection completely drops periodically, sometimes I have partial connectivity. Sometimes all the lights are green but pages won't load, or very slowly.  Tonight it is an error message that says SSL Connection Error. and the pages won't load at all.  And yet last month I received emails saying I had exceeded my data limit. (didn't know I had a data limit??) and had never received that notice before. So I'm at the point of looking for other options as well.  Wish Comcast would address this issue since it is obviously widespread. Wish the problem was consistent so I'd have a  better chance of figuring it out. I'm not exactly new at this.  Bets on how many people need to post before something is done?

New Poster

Internet for the last 3 days has been randomly dropping, this takes out my phone, TV and computer! what in the world is going on?

Thanks

Alan L Heffner

Regular Contributor

Well, for what it's worth, I had a tech visit on Monday.  Replaced a cable he said was "noisy" even though it was new, and working perfectly for two weeks about a month ago,  Learning to just go with it.  However, since then, we've been seeing multiple-times-per-day modem reboots.  Although, I can say on the X1 tv side, the DVR hasn't lost it's connection since, so who really knows what goes on in this coax world.... 

I did notice however that my area is reported to be in an outage right now for both internet and X1, although both are working fine ... at the moment.

Frequent Visitor

I gave up and went back to DSL.  At least it's reliable.  Since I was still 'trying' out the Xfinity bundle, I hadn't cancelled the DSL.  

We will still have their cable service although the rented boxes keep having to be swapped out a couple times a year.  Good Luck to the rest of you who continue to battle the Internet!  Maybe someday Comcast will get their stuff together and remember the motto "The customer is ALWAYS right!"  This is very disappointing that its 2014 and these problems exist.

New Poster

I have the same issue and so far I reached out to Comcast Internet support 5 times for the past 5 months. Comcast customer support is a joke and they do not know how to resolve. Every time, support staff will tell me that Motorola sb6121 docs 3 modem has issue and they'll ship their own modem and technicall they shipped 3 times; so far I have never received it. And every time I call back, they will say that the shipment got cancelled. I never cancelled the shipment, but who cancelled it? It goes beyond crazyness and stupidity.

I'm waiting for the right time to dump this legacy, arrogant company and move on. Same thing applies to TV.

BruceW wrote:

jamsssss wrote: ... randomly my internet stops working ...

Please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please post the Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

New Poster

I believe you are correct in your assumptions because, i 've tested the connection on my end.I found that sometimes Comcast trottles my connection, basically slowing me down, the reason is unknown so far. And it is not the modem or trojan because i used a mac and windows and both had slowed or dropped connections.

If you think money-wise, it makes sense that a corporation will create ways to trigger call for their customer service to increase revenues because it makes no sense that a company who's business model is (for lack of a simpler word) connectivity doesn't know how to fix a problem related to their business model and to just offer the solution of renting a new modem instead of find what went wrong in the first place.

I will say it in another way: Why would i keep going to a heart surgeon that can't figure out what is wrong with it and automatically suggest heart transplant? i would believe it is a financial decision instead of expertise.

New Poster

Not sure what the solution was for anyone here? I'm having similar problems.
New Poster

I have a Samsung smart TV with a wireless connection, and have had this problem for over a week when streaming Netflix, or YouTube. Disconnecting the power to my modem/router, and boxes did not take care of the problem. I discovered that my leased modem has a recessed reset button on the back. After resetting, I am back to enjoying uninterupted service.

Frequent Visitor

The problem is that you are not working with a direct connect to the internet and you're sharing your service with you're neighbors.  So when they're hitting hit hard and heavy, the system can't take it. I went back to my DSL and never lost any downtime!! So then I upgraded to a faster speed with AT&T and things have been running perfectly.  I've been able to work from home without fear of losing downtime.  Something to think about.

Regular Visitor

Ok so it is now Jan 2015 and I am having the same problem with keeping connected with the stupid new modem that Comcast sent to me.  I truly HATE the idea that i share with my neighbors and whoever else.  i agree with you that the systems can't handle the traffic when everyone around me is downloading and whatever people do online.  That hasn't changed in the 7 years i have lived in this state.  My neighbor across the street has AT & T and says the speed sucks, his opinion, not mine.  So great choice, sucky Comcast or sucky AT & T.  I just want to take the new modem and throw it in the ocean and put back my old router WHICH WAS WORKING JUST FINE before this new modem came into my life.  Like they say, IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT......but Comcast doesn't seem to understand that.  They want to be King of the World and yet, they can't keep up with demand and then their sucky cust service depts get overloaded with calls and we get attitude.  UGH!!!!!!! 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem I got new modem router combo with voice about 5 weeks ago in the last 5 days connection has dropped like 5 or 6 times with the connection always comes back in 3 to 5 min.  When the connection drops all of the lights on the front go out but the power light is the only one that stays on.  Upload speed is also dirt slow even though a speed test shows that the upload speed is just fine when I upload to a site I get 140k to 175k.  Upload speed for me is way more of a problem to me than connection dropping from time to time for 3 to 5 min.  I was thinking about exchanging this modem router combo from another one tomorrow but someone else said that they are starting to throttle connections in a small area to get people to stop using some much bandwidth, since in most areas there is no bandwidth limit this sucks if ture.  So I do not know what I should do about the dirt slow upload speed I have done one line chat about  slow upload speed 2 times in the last few dasy and they are no help.  I would like to have a tech come out and just check the line and node box behind my house I do not a tech to come inside my home.  I do not know what to do. 

Expert
Moved:

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.