Community Forum

My Wifi keeps kicking me off during the day

New Poster

My Wifi keeps kicking me off during the day

I work from home and need my wifi.  Everyday I have to reset my modeum.  I am tired of paying over 100 dollars a month for wifi that can't stay up.  Of course customer service wants to blame my vpn.  Some has changed because I didn't have any issues until recently

Highlighted
Expert

Re: My Wifi keeps kicking me off during the day

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am hard wired.  The modem sits 5 feet from me.  I work from home and this is crazy.  They are sending me a new modem but the amount I pay for this internet it shouldn't be going down 10 times a day.  

Expert

@sheryllcone14 wrote:

I am hard wired.  

O/k well you wrote this;

quote: "My Wifi keeps kicking me off during the day" ??

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @sheryllcone14

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I can understand why this would be an inconvenience. I work from home also and know the importance of maintaining a stable internet connection. I'd like to begin troubleshooting to see if I can help isolate the cause for your connectivity issues. Can you please start by posting your signal levels here so we can begin to investigate? 

I'd like to check the health of your node to see if there is anything going on that would be contributing to this. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.