Community Forum

My Gigabit connection goes from around 800 to 52

Frequent Visitor

My Gigabit connection goes from around 800 to 52

I have been having speed problems for weeks. I have a FING Box connected directly to the Gigabit Modem and get speed warning often. FING allows me to see my Internet connection in real time plus many other functions.  I have added a view of what is happening, and hopefully support will fix this. Every tIMG_0218.PNGime they check things are fine.

IMG_0218.PNG
Silver Problem Solver

Re: My Gigabit connection goes from around 800 to 52

Did you read this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes I have many times. The FING device measures Internet speeds, and prevents intrusions into my network. It is a highly rated network tool used by many corporations. Last nights logs were revealing to say the least.

Image-1.jpg

Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Second Tier support is coming today, but since every time they check remotely they say it is good. But no so much on my end. I believe it is the RG cable from the street.  The last time they were here the tech said that the cable is dry and brittle, and he doesn't know how long it will last.

Expert

Well if that's the case then the techs should be installing a new coax drop cable from the pole.....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am hoping that is what they do. But no matter what I have told support they refuse to look at my evidence. They insist that the connection is good. I explain that it goes up and down in huge swings, but when ever they test they say all is well.

Frequent Visitor

Well tech support came out today and kept saying things are up to par. I asked them to test the cable from the house to the street.  And guess what? He found the cable to have lots of interference and wasn't the proper reading on the test equipment. He laid a new cable on the ground until they can come and bury it. And low and behold things have gotten better. I will post my log after it is up for a number of hours.

Official Employee

Hi Sparks135, thank you for your reply and glad to hear your services have been better since the tech visit.  Please keep us updated.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

So far still huge swings in speed, but less drop offs. Upload seems a bit slower than usual this morning, but download is great.Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 9.21.14 AM.png