Community Forum

My Gateway was upgraded to latest model, now I get Sorry, that didn't go as planned

New Poster

My Gateway was upgraded to latest model, now I get Sorry, that didn't go as planned

Had to have the Gateway replaced and now I can't get the pods working.  When I start with the first pod it shows it trying to connect for 10 min or more, finally errors out to Sorry, That Didn't Go As Planned.  I have tried restarting the Gateway, waiting 10 min and tried again.  It's taken me two weeks to get my internet and TV working correctly, I don't want to call support again.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: My Gateway was upgraded to latest model, now I get Sorry, that didn't go as planned

@km4 wrote:

Had to have the Gateway replaced and now I can't get the pods working.  When I start with the first pod it shows it trying to connect for 10 min or more, finally errors out to Sorry, That Didn't Go As Planned.  I have tried restarting the Gateway, waiting 10 min and tried again.  It's taken me two weeks to get my internet and TV working correctly, I don't want to call support again.

I take it you are using these instructions to install the pods?
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs#install2

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: My Gateway was upgraded to latest model, now I get Sorry, that didn't go as planned

Yes, they had worked since January with the old gateway, according to the instructions they should have reconnected.  They didn't so I tried to do the original set up as outlined

New Poster

Just spent a half hour on with Comcast tech to get it resolved, still not working, how do I return them for credit?