Community Forum

Motorola SB6141 and TP Link Archer C7 v2.0 Router - At Wits End!!

New Poster

Motorola SB6141 and TP Link Archer C7 v2.0 Router - At Wits End!!

So I've been plugging away happily with my configuration for well over a year now.  I purchased the modem and router (Motorola SB6141 modem and the TP-Link Archer 1575 C7 v2.0 Router / Wifi).  Everything has been fine until today my son rebooted the router and suddenly there is no internet.

I can access the router admin pages and see that a WAN ip has been assigned by comcast but I am not able to access the internet from any device on my home network (192.168.0.x)

If I plug my computer directly into the modem I am able to access the internet just fine.  Of course the IP address I get from the modem when directly connected looks vastly different than the WAN IP I am seeing in my router admin interface.

What am I missing? Is there anyone that can help walk me through the recommended settings so I can make sure it's not something simple I have missed?

Comcast doesn't want to help since internet works when directly connected to the modem.

Thanks!

Chris

Expert

Re: Motorola SB6141 and TP Link Archer C7 v2.0 Router - At Wits End!!

Unplug the modem and the router. Turn off the computer. Wait a minute. Plug the modem back in first and let it fully stabilize (Online light lit steadily). Now plug the router back in and let it fully come up. Turn the computer back on. Any joy ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much for the sugestion.  I've done it just like you said and I've got no love Smiley Sad 

Expert

As a possible work-around, if that TP link router has a MAC address cloning feature, you could try cloning the MAC address of the computer that works in to it. This will spoof the modem in to thinking that the computer is connected to it instead of the router.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!