Community Forum

Most Websites Not Loading - New Internet Customer

New Poster

Most Websites Not Loading - New Internet Customer

Hello. I’ve seen some posts about similar issues with fixes, and I was hoping someone could help me.

I’m a new Comcast/xfinity customer with only internet service. I own my modem/router (Arris Surfboard SBG7580-AC) and it’s brand-new. The technician came and setup my internet on Thursday, and we tested basic sites like Google and Apple to ensure connectivity. Everything looked good then. After he left, I browsed other sites like Amazon and Bank of America to find no connectivity. The sites would not load no matter how long I waited. Eventually they timed out. Confused, I tried connecting my Xbox One to my network and found similar problems: it would see my network but would not connect to the internet. I power cycled my modem/router twice, then reset it through the xfinity app to no avail. I called Comcast, and the representative went through all the troubleshooting but had to call a new technician out. He came today and wasn’t able to find a solution. The only thing we did different today was factory reset the modem/router with no change.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Most Websites Not Loading - New Internet Customer

@lbuholtz wrote:
Hello. I’ve seen some posts about similar issues with fixes, and I was hoping someone could help me.

I’m a new Comcast/xfinity customer with only internet service. I own my modem/router (Arris Surfboard SBG7580-AC) and it’s brand-new. The technician came and setup my internet on Thursday, and we tested basic sites like Google and Apple to ensure connectivity. Everything looked good then. After he left, I browsed other sites like Amazon and Bank of America to find no connectivity. The sites would not load no matter how long I waited. Eventually they timed out. Confused, I tried connecting my Xbox One to my network and found similar problems: it would see my network but would not connect to the internet. I power cycled my modem/router twice, then reset it through the xfinity app to no avail. I called Comcast, and the representative went through all the troubleshooting but had to call a new technician out. He came today and wasn’t able to find a solution. The only thing we did different today was factory reset the modem/router with no change.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did you delete all the information on your older router from your computer before seting up the new router?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Most Websites Not Loading - New Internet Customer

Sounds like you may have the "no IPv4" problem. You could try contacting Comcast JohnN about this via a private forum message  Here is a direct link to his PM inbox;  

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/1125291

Good luck !