Community Forum

Modem running slow?

Highlighted
New Poster

Modem running slow?

Hi,

I've been having internet issues where the internet cuts in and out and runs slow.

I have went to the gateway 10.0.0.1 and it was even running slow on all devices I've tried.

I have had technicians look at it and they all say it's my signal. I have noise on my line from me using two RF splitters to connect my equipment.

How can the noise slow down my direct hard wired connection to my modem?
Official Employee

Re: Modem running slow?

Hello, Alexcunn. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with the slowness on the modem. The noise could be back feeding into the modem. Have you tried to disconnect the coax cable from the modem and then try to go to 10.0.0.1 to see if it loads any quicker?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Modem running slow?

Hello, Alexcunn. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!