Community Forum

Modem not getting desired speed

Frequent Visitor

Modem not getting desired speed

Hi

For a few months I ve been struggling with Comcast cause my Netgear C6900 modem is not getting even closer to 150 Mbps, which is the plan we are paying for. Today a tech guy came to check the wiring and ended up doing a whole new wiring. He then did some testing with my router and one of Comcast's and we were getting good speed. After half an hour, speed dropped down to usual again, between 30 and 50 Mpbs down. I was hoping the new wiring would solve the issue, but now, I dont know what else to do.

Can anybody explain what seems to be the problem ?

PS: I made sure this modem is Comcast compatible before buying it

Expert

Re: Modem not getting desired speed

Start here: Troubleshooting Guide 

If you haven't already, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My modem/router is a Netgear C6900, firmware v 1.01.32

Signal levels here

Event logs here

Expert

Your signal levels aren't too bad, but your event log confirms your connection issues. 

I've asked an employee to check the headend server for real-time and historical signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much

Eagerly waiting for a reply and a solution

Frequent Visitor

FYI

The modem sometimes, very rarely, gauges speeds over 100 Mbps

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @ivisperez1262, thanks for reaching out and I can further assist you with this speed concern! Can you please send me the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Amira, any news about my request

Thanks

Official Employee

@ivisperez1262, I apologize about the delay, I was off! I have responded to your Private Message, if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@ivisperez1262, I'm happy a hard reset on your end after the tech visit has resolved this speed issue. Please reach out for any future issues or concerns, thanks you!