Community Forum

Modem malfuntioning - online light is off ???

New Poster

Modem malfuntioning - online light is off ???

My Modem power light is on, the link yellow light is on, the DS yellow is blinking, but the online and the US lights are both off. I tried reseting the Modem as well as unplugging for over 10 seconds. Is the Modem gone bad? TIA.

New Poster

Re: Modem malfuntioning - online light is off ???

Call them and have them send a activation signal to your modem. If modems good this will solve your problem

Gold Problem Solver

When a modem is powered up or reset, the Power, DS, US, and Online lights should come on, first blinking and then steady, and in that order. This should happen whether the modem has been registered with Comcast or not.

If DS is blinking, it means that either the modem is bad (less likely), or the signal from Comcast is bad, usually due to a bad connection (more likely). It will not pass data in this state. If you can't work out where the problem is you'll need to call Comcast for service.

New Poster

Thanks, guys, It turns out that the Comcast tech came out and found that the "competition" had disconnected my coax at the splitter in the basement of the apartments. Turned out to be an easy fix.

Bronze Problem Solver

CyPak51 wrote:

Thanks, guys, It turns out that the Comcast tech came out and found that the "competition" had disconnected my coax at the splitter in the basement of the apartments. Turned out to be an easy fix.

So your saying that the competition unhooked your cable line from the splitter on purpose ??

Problem Solver

CyPak51 wrote:

How did the tech come to that conclusion? Did the competition leave a calling card by the splitter or carve "FiOS was here" on the wall? LOL!

You know, it could also have been a resident messing with it. Who knows.