Community Forum

Modem lights flashing off & on.no internet service

New Poster

Modem lights flashing off & on.no internet service

No internet service. Modem lights keep flashing off & on. Company says, area outage. Check later. (??)...When is later??
Expert

Re: Modem lights flashing off & on.no internet service

@hlittletonm1 wrote:
No internet service. Modem lights keep flashing off & on. Company says, area outage. Check later. (??)...When is later??

If you have an alternative way to get on the Internet, the Comcast site (home page) has a place to click and check your connection. It usually will show a possible time they expect to get the problem fixed. If they run into further problems that time might get changed again.

Newer Gateways' etc., will quit flashing and connect on their own when the problem is fixed.  Otherwise; other older modems would just need to be unplugged at least one minute. Plugging back in would reset the modem and connect if the outage problem is fixed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:
If you have an alternative way to get on the Internet, the Comcast site (home page) has a place to click and check your connection. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Otherwise; other older modems would just need to be unplugged at least one minute. Pluging back in would reset the modem and connect if the outage problem is fixed.

Not necessarily true. I had older modems as far back as the DOCSIS 1.0 days recover on their own without the need for power cycling depending on the exact *type* of outage. YMMV.