Community Forum

Modem keeps resetting multiple times per hour, looks to be T3 errors

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Modem keeps resetting multiple times per hour, looks to be T3 errors

Constant internet drops, this is so frustrating. A service I pay for shouldn't be this horrible. Always have anxiety the modem is going to reset when doing something online. I've had several techs out and all they do is the same thing; check inside, fiddle around outside and say looks good and leave. 

One tech, installed fresh wires and it still happens. I don't know what to do anymore, I want this fixed or something to compensate before I switch to another reliable provider.

I have a SURFboard SBG6580 modem.

Expert

Re: Modem keeps resetting multiple times per hour, looks to be T3 errors

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Here are my event logs and singal levels. I've done every basic troubleshooting suggested many times.

Modem Logs.png
Singal Levels.png
Expert

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

Thank you. Not too sure what that means but is it something beyond then what they normally do, which is check inside, send a singal, check outside?

@Nerdburg wrote:

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Hello Zir, It looks like we are doing some work in your area on the node (plant) which is impacting your services. We are working to get this cleared up as quickly as possible. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and I will keep you updated on our progress. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Zir wrote: Hey Amir, yes, I've noticed a change, no more disconnects though sometimes the internet wifi can run really slow but it'll clear up. Hopefully it stays this way, I can feel confident doing work online now without stressing I'll lose anything important.

I am glad we were able to get this issue resolved for you, please reach back out to me if you need anything else. Have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!